DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the deal. I know longtubes would be the way to go on my 00 gt but I've got Eibach sportlines on my car. Would the power bennefit of l/ts be worth the risk of smashing my collector under the car? Would buying shorties even be worth the hassle. Does anyone have sportlines and l/ts, and have this problem.

Only mods so far are, 373s, CAI,Prochamber & catback. BOTTLE IN NEAR FUTURE.

IT,S JUST A DAILY DRIVER... BUT IT COULD BE MORE.

·
Party at the moon tower
1,788 Posts
Longtubes all the way only thing I'd ever put on a car if your going to spend the money might aswell do it right the first time.

·
you cant see me
15,960 Posts
keep this in mind, if you do longtubes, you will have to buy a H or a X pipe to match it, and very likely a aftermarket exhaust, if you cant afford to do this, and you want to do it piece by piece over time cuz you cant buy it all at once, then get the shorties..

but honestly, the factory manifolds arent that bad, and not really needed to be replaced unless you have ported heads and cams. if i were you and i was on a budget, i would just buy a nice off road Xpipe and catback and save your money on the headers and spend it somewhere else.

·
Is it cold in here?
7,371 Posts
slo95.0 said:
keep this in mind, if you do longtubes, you will have to buy a H or a X pipe to match it, and very likely a aftermarket exhaust, if you cant afford to do this, and you want to do it piece by piece over time cuz you cant buy it all at once, then get the shorties..

but honestly, the factory manifolds arent that bad, and not really needed to be replaced unless you have ported heads and cams. if i were you and i was on a budget, i would just buy a nice off road Xpipe and catback and save your money on the headers and spend it somewhere else.
I agree with him!!!^^^^^^^

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice guys. I will just wait to install headers when i do my Heads/cams install in june.

·
Formerly 5.0Vert
9,823 Posts
longtubes make more power in the lower rpm range, however in a dyno done by one of the mustang mags it was proven that shorties make more power after like 4800 or so rpm.
Shorties are easy to put on and cost less in the long run

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
On your '00 I would go with longtubes. I saw good gains on mine. You will have to take those springs out though. I had Sportlines on mine and I would hit the collectors just driving around. I got some 4-cyl fronts and Fox V-8 rears and lifted it up some. It is still lower than stock but not like the Sportlines.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts