DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Finally the P.O.S 95 GTS it's going in. This shortblock is 0.30 over with PROBE forged ultralight pistons, polished factory rods, ARP wavelock rod bolts, ARP main and head studs, completely balanced and blueprinted, deburred, massaged and throughly pampered, all in hopes of living with over 500hp. This will be topped with Stage 3 ported Edelbrock 6037's/.650in lift springs,Crane RR's, Performer RPM intakes, 70mm t/b, 80mm MAF, 42's, BBK L/T's,TFS stage 2 cam, S-Trim @ 12#'s, power pipe and a few other odds and ends.

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah since my boost guage wont be nearly as busy as the one in your sig, I did'nt lower the compression much. The piston is 6 thou in the hole with a 62cc head and a 60 thou head gasket made it almost exactly 8.8-1. Low enough for me.:)

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Well I was on the fence for a while about using a girdle. I spoke with tons of different builders, tuners, racers etc. At least 75% of those people pushed me away fron a girdle. There reasoning was a factory block was only going to take up to 6500rpm or 550-575hp. No amount of girdles was going to prevent damage if the levels were exceeded.Iwas told that the girdle would be useful in keeping all my rotating assy in 1 pile when it grenaded. I plan on keeping it well under 6500rpm and if I can get one well tuned 500rwhp pull then I'll tune it back to 450-475 and hopefully live a long healthy life:D Thanks for the comments.:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.