DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· P.I.M.P.
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into getting a Hydraulic Jack and want to get one small enough to be portable in my trunk, but big enough to give me 18-20" of clearance... any suggestions? Also I'll probably be buying Jack Stands to hold up my car for some work (replacing the rear, etc) and would like some suggestions for those too

· Premium Member
14,203 Posts
I've never seen a "Portable" with a 20in reach. How about getting one for around the house and another Portable one for the trunk. Harbor freight sells em for about $20. I carry one in the 3/4 ton and a piece of 4x6 for the extra height. Just an idea.

· Registered
797 Posts
Sears has a portable one for about $30 or $40 that comes with a case, but I don't think it will give you 20".

They also have sales every once in a while for $99 for a 3 ton floor jack with two stands. I got the 3 1/2 ton with stands for $119.

· P.I.M.P.
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah Mack makes one that has a 5-14" reach with a carrying cash but I jacked it all the way up and then layed down next to it and it looks like it'd give me maybe 2in to work with btw me and the car... may have to just settle for it but I was hoping maybe someone knew of one with maybe 3 or 4 more inches reach... thanks guys

· Registered
797 Posts
strange coincidence: In the mail today is my Craftsman Club sales flier. from Jan 4-11 they're selling a 3 ton jack with stands for $44.99. It says "max.height of 21-in". Jack #50143, stands #50159.

I think this is for their club only. I don't know exactly how to sign up, but I think you can do it at the store. They sent me my card after I ordered some stuff from them on-line.

I'm not completely sold on craftsman for everything, but when they have good deals, it's hard to pass up.

Peace,

Barry

· Darkside
20,179 Posts
I got one from Harbor freight. Only weighs 37.4 lbs and is at full height(19.5") in only 5 pumps. I really like my new jack:D It was a little pricey....................169.99...on special

· Darkside
20,179 Posts
BBRANJEN said:
I got one from Harbor freight. Only weighs 37.4 lbs and is at full height(19.5") in only 5 pumps. I really like my new jack:D It was a little pricey....................169.99...on special

I for got the picture....:( ......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.