DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
10,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you go for it?

I'm thinking of buying one of these Honda scooters for little trips to the grocery store. I don't think either of them would be good for going down 35E but I wouldn't try anyways..

Here they are:
The Honda Ruckus
I kinda dig the look of this one. Very industrial looking. Only costs $2049

The Honda Metropolitan (wife would love this one)
The Metropolitan can be bought with a cargo box. It is actually cheaper at $1899

Any Opinions or suggestions?

·
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
10,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Neiladin said:
fuck yeah...

hp numbers on either? top speed?
I had to find a review on that because Honda's site says nothing.

The Ruckus top speed is 35MPH. Which is fine for just the surface roads in my area. But still too slow for the frontage roads. (45MPH in my area) My bet is that the Metropolitan has similar performance since it has the same 49cc engine.

I think I'll consider a more powerful model.

·
老师
12,120 Posts
Sgt Beavis said:
I had to find a review on that because Honda's site says nothing.

The Ruckus top speed is 35MPH. Which is fine for just the surface roads in my area. But still too slow for the frontage roads. (45MPH in my area) My bet is that the Metropolitan has similar performance since it has the same 49cc engine.

I think I'll consider a more powerful model.
yeah i would go another route.

edit: you should look at the Aprilia scooters, there are some neat looking ones, also some really gay looking ones.

·
PAN
20,154 Posts
250 enduro or the like bro. That way, should the need arise, you have the twist available to get the hell out and you can jump a curb with ease. No way I would get a scooter as should you need to evade, you can't as it has zero balls...

·
老师
12,120 Posts
Fox466 said:
250 enduro or the like bro. That way, should the need arise, you have the twist available to get the hell out and you can jump a curb with ease. No way I would get a scooter as should you need to evade, you can't as it has zero balls...
see my post above yours. one in good condition can be found for 3 grand or less.

edit: here's a drz 400-sm thats pretty much brand new, only 228 miles for 4700...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZU...yZ147905QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
OLD SCHOOL crew
11,619 Posts
You can find a used Ruckus on ebay for $600-800. There are quite a few mods out there for them too. I think quite a few people have them going over 50 now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There are various types of scooters, don't know which type you need. Like there are kid scooters, senior scooters like mobility scooters and knee scooters for those looking for a knee scooter after getting an injury. I can suggest only you a site where you have to decide what you need to do.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts