DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everybody ! I am new mustangs but not fast fords. I come hear from http://www.fordbastards.com in hopes of getting some help. A couple of months ago my brother in law died suddenly of a heart attack. He was only 35 yoa. Although we didnt have alot to talk about we always found common ground in cars. He was a stang guy and I was a sho guy which made for some interesting discussions. After his funeral his wife called me and told me that the night he died they had discussed selling me his mustang so he could buy his 2 young sons a couple of go carts. That was hard to hear. She proceded to tell me that she would still sell it to me if I wanted it. I didnt know that much about it other than it was a '97 White ATX GT with minor bolt ons. He had stripped out the interior to make it faster. Whatever. And it had minor FE damage that needed a DS headlight and airdam. I am going tomorrow to pick it up and start restoring it stock form.

I really dont know the places to get parts other that ebay so I was wondering if yall could point me in the right direction. I will need a full interior, headlights, and front airdam (possibly).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
MikeD.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
the classifieds forum here should be able to help you out. Just post up what you are looking for, and someone should be able to help you out.

·
Got Lateral G's??
9,822 Posts
Mike, did you run with the FB's out at MSR? If so, I was the guy in the silver stang running with you guys. I have a few interior pieces that should work for you if you need them and the parts forum here is VERY good for finding the stuff you need and the prices are usually dirt cheap. Just low ball and 9 times out of 10, you will get the part. Cash definitely talks.

Good luck and sorry to hear about the circumstances.

Matt

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep that was me and Russ in the FreakSHO. I remember your car. Didnt it overheat or something trying to keep up ;)

What interior pieces do you have ? And what color ?

MikeD.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well...I picked up the '97 over the weekend and damn is that thing gutted. If you took out the tail lights you could look through and see all the way to the fire wall !

Looks like I will repair the front end (already stripped off), put two racing seats in it and cage it. Call it a day. Just have some fun with it. Although I would like to flip it for a profit...I dont need another project. And that is exactly what it is.

MikeD.

·
Mavs Fan For Life!
2,435 Posts
if you cant find what you need on here try these two websites.

50resto.com
stangparts.com

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whats the name of that mustang parts yard in grand prairie ? I think it was USA something. Been a long time since I went by there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts