DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
ebay pimp
4,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chip's Old Fashion Hamburgers, Lover's lane & the tollway. The building had that perfect combination of a somewhat crumbling old building and the patina of nostalga (genuine too) to impress on you that Chip's has been around a long time, and stood the test of time...... the perfect dive....really good food with character rarely comes from a sparkling "pretty" place.

But on to the food. I ordered a "regular" bacon cheeseburger, fries & drink.
The large burger came on a heavily poppy seeded Kaiser roll....a plus. The patty was lightly crusted in sea salt & cracked pepper, and pretty greasy...perfect! American cheese, and bacon like your grandmother cooks, plus generous amounts of hand sliced tomatoes,onions and lettuce, and actual Helman's mayo. Very tasty burger, the fries were slightly over cooked, they were medium brown & crunchy at the ends, exactly the way I like them . Give 'em a try!!!

Scott

·
Have good and get give!!!
2,323 Posts
IMHO, Chip's is pretty damn good, but I much prefer Jake's and/or Jack's Burger House over Chip's...:D

The fries at Jack's are second to none...:D

·
Turn Your Swag On!
1,707 Posts
Go over to Keller's off of Northwest Hwy. It's a ways past Greenville, going east in Northwest Hwy from US-75. They have the best burgers in the world! Not to mention they have quite possibly the cheapest beer prices I have seen around here. Great biker hangout too!

·
ebay pimp
4,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
slo95.0 said:
you had me until you made the comment about mayo :mad: why would anyone put mayo on a bacon cheeseburger :confused:

I love a mustard burger too, but never with bacon. But for a bacon cheese burger, mayo is the only way to go. Mustard obliterates the bacon taste, mayo complements it.

Scott

·
Turn Your Swag On!
1,707 Posts
White trash wagon said:
???? the wife & I both had dinner for a total of $13.11. The BC burger was $4.95 each.

Scott

$13?!? Keller's will feed about 4 or 5 people for $13! You can get 2 burgers with everything on them, 2 cokes, and 2 orders of onion rings for under $10. Now that's a kick ass deal! Only downside is that they don't have shakes, or at least that I can remember.

·
Have good and get give!!!
2,323 Posts
Swag said:
Go over to Keller's off of Northwest Hwy. It's a ways past Greenville, going east in Northwest Hwy from US-75. They have the best burgers in the world! Not to mention they have quite possibly the cheapest beer prices I have seen around here. Great biker hangout too!
I grew up in the neighborhood just south of Keller's and have eaten there 100's of times...my favorite....#5 w/ tater-tots & cheese with an ice cold Bud Light!!!

The sad thing about Keller's is that back in the day their car-hops used to actually be hot...now they are...well...not so much!

·
Rolling with the homies
43,268 Posts
I used to frequent Chips when I worked over at Cityplace. Great burgers and shakes, about as good as Kellers.

·
look at em go
3,147 Posts
For fast food burgers, I love me some Country burger. Double double with cheese and I'm in heaven. Last night I was introduced to snuffers and damn. My favorite place for a non fast food burger. Only problem I have with kellers is you could put all the girls in a room, and not have a full set of teeth. :(

·
Marcus Aurelius
4,249 Posts
Anyone ever tried Ball's Hambugers? I haven't been in a long time (almost 7 years), but I remember them having some damn good burgers.

·
ebay pimp
4,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
eastsidetorino said:
For fast food burgers, I love me some Country burger. Double double with cheese and I'm in heaven. Last night I was introduced to snuffers and damn. My favorite place for a non fast food burger. Only problem I have with kellers is you could put all the girls in a room, and not have a full set of teeth. :(
Country Burgers used to have AWESOME steak cut fries, but now they pore'em out of a frozen bag like everyone else. Snuffer's has the best cheese fries you will ever eat!! a pound of fries, a pound of cheddar, and a pound of bacon!!!

Scott

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
White trash wagon said:
Country Burgers used to have AWESOME steak cut fries, but now they pore'em out of a frozen bag like everyone else. Snuffer's has the best cheese fries you will ever eat!! a pound of fries, a pound of cheddar, and a pound of bacon!!!

Scott

and a gallon of ranch......

·
-----------------------
1,417 Posts
Mystic96 said:
Anyone ever tried Ball's Hambugers? I haven't been in a long time (almost 7 years), but I remember them having some damn good burgers.
Ball's has a great burger. Glad that you reminded me. It has been about a year or so for me too. Time to go!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts