DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread was posted by a guy named freighttrain & helped by gigabyte a few weeks ago and i want to post it back up since i am having the same problem but cannot fix it.....here is the post!! http://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72676
And my car is doing the exact same thing that is described in the thread, and i have tightened just about every bolt near the battery, and im still thinking that it is my battery/cables....anyone have any ideas?? And i have to fix it cause at night if it is doing it and it is raining my windshield wipers wont come on and i cant see my tach or speedometer!! :mad:

· Registered
655 Posts
do your cables. cheap, easy, then they are done and it cannnot be them.

· Token Union Member
2,915 Posts
What I did was take off the ground wires and scrap the paint away till it was bare metal and then tightend the hell out of them. I hate little shit like this cause its the little things that will drive you crazy. Hell I had my whole interior torn apart and looking over every single wire to figure out what the dam problem was.

· Token Union Member
2,915 Posts
If your windshield wipper aren't working it has to be the ground by the battery. Mine would not work either. Look very closely around the battery the first time times I looked I did not see the ground wire that was loose but when I pulled the battery out it was like staring me right in the face. The one that was loose on my car was actually about 6 inches away from the battery. Hope this helps.

· Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took my nice little tool set out to the coupe today, cleaned off the terimals and took out the battery and right there sat a nice little loose ground wire (under the coil) :mad: it was looking me in the face yelling "TIGHTEN ME" and yep tightened it and tonight the lights work the whole 10 races :D!! Thanks everyone!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.