DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· The Stock Vert Club
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any easy tricks to replacing the oil pan gasket on a fox? Mine is leaking so bad they wouldn't let me run anymore at the track... Is there a way to do it without jacking up the motor? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

· Premium Member
4,175 Posts
Re: gasket

Bad89stang said:
you will have to jack up the motor. It is not a fun project to say the least.
I didn't have to jack up the motor in my 92' lx:confused: , don't ask me why. Just make sure you get a good one piece rubber one:D , they are better and actually easier than those multi-pieces of crap

· ¯\(º_o)/¯
25,199 Posts
You could do it without lifting the motor up a little, but it'll be a bitch. Makes sures its not your valve cover gaskets or your lower intake gasket, or rear main seal, all three of those would be easier to replace then your oil pan gasket. How many miles do you have on your car?

· The Stock Vert Club
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is definately my oil pan gasket... how can I do it without lifting the motor? I was thinking about cutting my new one piece gasket in one spot and run it around the oil pan and put a little silicone where I cut it.. would that work?

any other tips?

· Premium Member
4,175 Posts
black on black coupe said:
Oh crap. I have to replace my pan gasket to and everybodys sayin its a bitch! :(
LOL:D , I didn't think it was that hard, just a little time consuming.

Torch, I used a piece of hangar wire to get it around the oil pump but if you are going to cut it (I highly DON'T recommend this) then make sure the actual gasket is a rubber lined metal core gasket and cut it at one of the holes, anywhere else makes the gasket prone to leak very easily

· ¯\(º_o)/¯
25,199 Posts
stangcrazy said:
I didn't think it was that hard, just a little time consuming.
Agreed, its not hard, just takes forever :mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.