DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,251 Posts
I was considering the swap on my Regal, I went the easy way though and just put a nice sbc in it. Unless it was a turbo Regal there's no reason to leave the 3.8 in it.

·
Arbeit Macht Frei
19,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buick355 said:
I was considering the swap on my Regal, I went the easy way though and just put a nice sbc in it. Unless it was a turbo Regal there's no reason to leave the 3.8 in it.
Yeah I dont know if that one was before or not.
If it was Id leave the 3.8T, but if not why not put on in it? ;)

·
Premium Member
14,251 Posts
PooterWS6 said:
Yeah I dont know if that one was before or not.
If it was Id leave the 3.8T, but if not why not put on in it? ;)
The 3.8T's are bad ass but for the same money you can do a turbo charged V8.

·
Marcus Aurelius
4,249 Posts
Buick355 said:
Your car would be sick with an LS1 in it. That and some nice 17's or 18's and it would be amazing.

·
Premium Member
14,251 Posts
Mystic96 said:
Your car would be sick with an LS1 in it. That and some nice 17's or 18's and it would be amazing.
I've been contemplating it. The LS1 is a fairley easy swap. You can buy the mounts prefabbed. I actually bought all the parts to swap in a T-56 but I can't seem to find a reasonable deal on an LS1. I also want to buy 17's for the front and 18's on the rear, I just haven't decided which style.

·
Premium Member
14,251 Posts
Hey Forrest, you remember the last time we talked, at a gtg I think?!?!? I must have had a dark tan or something. Maybe you mistook me for a hispanic or a black dude??

·
Arbeit Macht Frei
19,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mystic96 said:
When is your swap going to be done? :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
Buick355 said:
Damn your car looks good Robin.

·
Arbeit Macht Frei
19,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
I'm callin you out!
14,447 Posts
Mystic96 said:
Funk an LS1. Its more exspensive and they aren't all that great. A good hot SBC is the way to go.

·
Arbeit Macht Frei
19,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
tamestang said:
Funk an LS1. Its more exspensive and they aren't all that great. A good hot SBC is the way to go.
LOL
Ok oh wise one.

You can get more hp per mod out of a LS1 then you can out of a SBC.
Proove me worng. Mod for mod, which has more power?
LS1.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Ya but take the $2,500-$3,000 it costs for everything to run an ls1 and put that in a $100 sbc block. Oldschool is simple i would rather build as i go lil here lil there the Ls1 is a lot of money up front. For $3,000 u could have a very healthy sbc that will walk all over a stock LS1 for the same money.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts