DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Aspiring Bean Counter.
12,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that are interested, Red Dawn is on Spike right now.

/thread

·
T-MINUS
28,539 Posts
Possibly the greatest movie ever.

·
<Insert Title Here>
2,040 Posts
Never seen it before. It had it's definite cheesy moments, but was very cool. Now only if they could do one with some towelheads invading with the commies...we'd be good.

·
Big "foot"
19,217 Posts
Never seen it before. It had it's definite cheesy moments, but was very cool.
I hadn't seen it until a few years ago, and my wife saw it for sale and extolled it's virtues. We bought it and sat down and watched it. When it was over, she started apologizing because she had last seen it in the 80's and didn't remember the 80's cheesyness. I immediately stopped her and told her not to apologize. It's a fantastic movie, and bad sound or lame synthesizer music aside, it's an amazing story and the actors in it do a great job.

Now only if they could do one with some towelheads invading with the commies...we'd be good.
Totally different M.O. It just wouldn't work.

·
Premium Member
14,842 Posts
I hadn't seen it until a few years ago, and my wife saw it for sale and extolled it's virtues. We bought it and sat down and watched it. When it was over, she started apologizing because she had last seen it in the 80's and didn't remember the 80's cheesyness. I immediately stopped her and told her not to apologize. It's a fantastic movie, and bad sound or lame synthesizer music aside, it's an amazing story and the actors in it do a great job.

Totally different M.O. It just wouldn't work.
I agree with both points. It fit the time when it was made and for those of us who had to grow up with the threat of nuclear war with Russia it hits home hard.

Great movie!

·
Worship me
34,345 Posts
I was in 7th grade art class the Monday after it came out and one of my pals comes in and lays out the whole movie to me perfectly. I knew right then it was a masterpiece. lol

I saw this a while back:

"Five of the 36 parachutists who took part in the invasion scene early in the film were injured when high winds blew them as far as one mile off target. Parachutist Jim Fisher, wearing a Soviet paratrooper uniform including full Soviet insignia and including an AKM Assault Rifle, landed in a tree and found himself calling out to local rescuers including armed citizens and police: “Don’t shoot, don’t shoot! I am not a Russian soldier!"

·
Worship me
34,345 Posts
Remake sounds horrible. Why can't they just take their shitty ideas and make a new shitty movie instead of stealing the name of an old one?

·
yes, jluv
17,073 Posts
Cool!

Damn. Lots of crybabies on that site!

LOL @ people saying that remakes ruin the old movies. It's not a replacement. When the new ones come out, the old ones don't dissolve in your media cabinet. The new one can suck, and all it does is make you appreciate the original that much more.

Hopefully they do a new one and do it well.

·
Worship me
34,345 Posts
Cool!

Damn. Lots of crybabies on that site!

LOL @ people saying that remakes ruin the old movies. It's not a replacement. When the new ones come out, the old ones don't dissolve in your media cabinet. The new one can suck, and all it does is make you appreciate the original that much more.

Hopefully they do a new one and do it well.
You must be drunk! The old movie is subject to suckiness by association alone. Movies today are pure shit!

·
yes, jluv
17,073 Posts
Remake sounds horrible. Why can't they just take their shitty ideas and make a new shitty movie instead of stealing the name of an old one?

I don't think I'd rather see something with a new name that pretends to be a new movie while it obviously takes it's idea straight from a classic. At least this way they are being up front about it. It's a kickass story and I wouldn't midn seeing a more modern version of it. I'm still going to love the original. I don't understand why people take issue with it. Shit, the new one could kick ass and then we'd have two good ones. You never know.

·
Worship me
34,345 Posts
They are going to remake Tron! Like the first one wasn't bad enough. Jesus.

·
Worship me
34,345 Posts
I don't think I'd rather see something with a new name that pretends to be a new movie while it obviously takes it's idea straight from a classic. At least this way they are being up front about it. It's a kickass story and I wouldn't midn seeing a more modern version of it. I'm still going to love the original. I don't understand why people take issue with it. Shit, the new one could kick ass and then we'd have two good ones. You never know.

It might kick ass. Odds are it is going to be like someone shit in a film can though. Only two remakes I can think of have been good, Dawn of the Dead and War of the Worlds. Even though War of the Worlds let Tim Robbins get a little preachy with his bullshit.

The Day the Earth Stood Still was like watching a two hour film of someone's anus.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts