DFW Mustang Forums banner

rear end gears???

328 views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  FatassLX 
#1 ·
hey does anyone know if ford made a 3:27 gear (stock) dallas mustang said from the # i read to them, from the tag????

#6 ·
stangcrazy said:
then no, they aren't stock. I think GT's came with 3.08's (someone correct me if i'm wrong)
5.0 with auto came with 3.08. T-5 with 2.73. Well atleast mine did. If the rearend has a tag on it, the gear ratio is embossed on the tag, its also stamped on the ring gear, pull a few bolts and find out for sure.

#7 ·
well

when i was working on it in the shop, i read the tag out and i think part of the number was 27 and he said that the gears were 327 and then they said it was an option from factory....but i know that they probably dont know as much as they think..hahaha

#13 · (Edited)
If you want to know what gears you have...

Get the rear wheels off of the ground and rotate one of the wheels one full revolution while watching the drive shaft spin. The number of times the drive shaft spins is your gear ratio.
It may help you to mark one of the bolts on the driveshaft so you can see it better.

#14 ·
3.27's were an option on AOD cars

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.