DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the plugs out of my 4.6 today and they were black with little white specks on them? What dose this mean as far as what is going on in my engine. I am running a 100 wet shot BTW

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
could it be just carbon or something. It just wipes off like baby powder? Just in denial about having to rebuild the dame thing

·
Watch Me Do Me
7,142 Posts
mild98 said:
could it be just carbon or something. It just wipes off like baby powder? Just in denial about having to rebuild the dame thing
Maybe check the oil and see what ya got? Get yourself a drain plug with a magnet.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advise. I am going to take it to denton tomorrow and find out if it is going to hold togather for another day

·
Along for the ride
7,029 Posts
don't judge an engine's status just by the plugs. what plugs are you runnin and what gap? do a compression check. if there is a piston problem you should hear a miss. are you gettin any check engine lights. the plugs might be black from runnin rich on the spray. if your compression is fine i say change the plugs. if you're sprayin you should run some NGK TR-6's with about a .035 gap.

i had a hole in a piston and the rings were blown out in my stock shortblock. if you have this problem you'll know it. my car had check engine lights, a miss, consuming oil, zero compression in that cylinder, and ran like crap. good luck sorting out the problems.

marcus

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep I am running TR-6s at .035. It is getting a little miss at idle but when you hit it she runs fine. Dose any parts stores have TR-6s in stock I had to order them before.

·
Along for the ride
7,029 Posts
mild98 said:
Oh yea it running 7.5s in the eighth so I guess it is running OK
i would still do a compression check. my car ran descent (check times in sig) when it had a hole in a piston with blown out rings, check engine lights, zero compression in that cylinder. is the car consuming/burning any oil? any check engine lights?

marcus

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No check engine lights. And I will monitor the oil levels closer this weekend. But I checked the oil and it is clean and still in the OK range on the dipstick

·
Along for the ride
7,029 Posts
mild98 said:
No check engine lights. And I will monitor the oil levels closer this weekend. But I checked the oil and it is clean and still in the OK range on the dipstick
do a compression check but i would say your shortblock is ok. change the plugs and i think you'll be good to go for the time being. nice times on the spray. what kinda mph are you runnin?

marcus

·
Along for the ride
7,029 Posts
Five Point Slow said:
Thats the Best thing to judge by!
dude, all i'm sayin is it's not uncommon to get some fouled plugs on a nitrous car. since there is no check engine lights, and it's not really consuming oil i would say everthing is probably ok. again a compression check will tell you if you have a problem.

marcus

·
Registered
715 Posts
Mild98, what mods do you have? And your only on a 100 shot wet kit correct? Have you gotten any 1/4 times yet? And did you see an improvement in the MAF i sold you? That Pro-M 87?

Brian

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea it helped alot. The mod I have are:
4:10 gears
100 NX shot
75mm TB
87mm Mass air
Mac CAI
no mufflers
Off road H
Pro 5.0 shifter
Ram powergrip
wore out t-45
ported and polished Throttle elbow
27X11.5X15 hooisers
bottle heater
pullys
AC deleted
gutted interior
And a 4.6 about to blow

·
Watch Me Do Me
7,142 Posts
2cammer97 said:
dude, all i'm sayin is it's not uncommon to get some fouled plugs on a nitrous car. marcus
Fouled plugs normally dont have white specs.

Any why is it not uncommon for plugs to get fouled on Nitrous setup?? :confused: Besides improper tuning.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts