DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
would read again
6,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to this bar lastnight with my wife and one if her friends. It was predominantly white or other. Pretty much no mexicans. As soon as I walk up to the bouncer he says no jerseys. Yeah I was rockin the Dion jersey with a coyboys cap I just bought. I wasn't sagging or anything, my pants fit, so I didn't look like a thug or anything. Anyway, I said fuck it. He seemed like a nice guy. As soon as I walk in, I see a few guys wearing jerseys, white guys. I was like WTF!? I lol'd. I noticed a manager standing next to the bar and I asked him, "so you guys aren't cowboys fans?" another nice guy btw. We had a little chat and he knew what I was getting at. They didn't let me wear my jersey cause I was Mexican. I told him it was fine and that I know how it is. He apologized and bought me a few beers. Nice people but whataya gonna do right?

·
Premium Member
18,368 Posts
So I went to this bar lastnight with my wife and one if her friends. It was predominantly white or other. Pretty much no mexicans. As soon as I walk up to the bouncer he says no jerseys. Yeah I wS rockin the Dion jersey with a coyboys had I just bought. I wasn't sagging or anything, my pants fit, so I didn't look like a thug or anything. Anyway, I said fuck it. He seemed like a nice guy. As soon as I walk in, I see a few guys wearing jerseys, white guys. I was like WTF!? I lol'd. I noticed a manager standing next to the bar and I asked him, "so you guys aren't cowboys fans?" another nice guy btw. We had a little chat and he knew what I was getting at. They didn't let me wear my jersey cause I was Mexican. I told him it was fine and that I know how it is. He apologized and bought me a few beers. Nice people but whataya gonna do right?
Maybe I'm naive, but why would it matter if a mexican, white, or black guy wears a damn jersey? :dunno:

·
would read again
6,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's how us "hood ******" roll. A bunch of clubs/bars that don't have dress codes usually say no jerseys. I guess to keep out the riffraff

·
would read again
6,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you ain't blastin you ain't lastin homeboy

·
would read again
6,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
would read again
6,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So the owner actually said this?

Stevo
He did not. When I was talking to the guy, I was just trying to let him know that that is what it seemed like.

·
would read again
6,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess you are the one that is confused. I shouldn't have said *****....it threw you off. Sorry

·
would read again
6,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As one of my old section managers once said, "What kind of guy wants to wear a jersey with some other guy's name on it?"
Kinda like what my dumb ass cousin says when the cowboys lose. " why you so upset? They don't care about you" or some shit like, they're still millionaires at the end of the day. I thought I was going to a sports bar. The reason I kinda got upset was cause I don't wear jerseys. For the same reason I don't wear a cowboy hat and boots

·
makin' bacon
5,752 Posts
He did not. When I was talking to the guy, I was just trying to let him know that that is what it seemed like.
Well, maybe it was just you assuming he was being racist? Maybe you just looked like riff-raff in his eyes?

Why is it people automatically jump to racism?

Stevo

·
would read again
6,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, maybe it was just you assuming he was being racist? Maybe you just looked like riff-raff in his eyes?

Why is it people automatically jump to racism?

Stevo
If you were to see me, you would know I wasn't riffraff. If racial profiling is being racist then I don't know what else to call it. It is what it is. He wasn't a rude asshole. So I just assumed he thought I was one of the "ghetto" mexicans.

·
makin' bacon
5,752 Posts
If you were to see me, you would know I wasn't riffraff. If racial profiling is being racist then I don't know what else to call it. It is what it is. He wasn't a rude asshole. So I just assumed he thought I was one of the "ghetto" mexicans.
I never said you were riff-raff, I said maybe you looked like riff-raff in his eyes.

I just find it funny how often people pull the race card just because of something like this. Maybe he just didn't like the way you looked. Maybe he personally knew the others that were in there with jerseys. who knows, but it seems that racism is the first excuse mentioned in a bunch of cases.

Stevo

·
Never settle always excel
5,268 Posts
So let me get this correct, you went to a bar wearing a Jersey, you were told by the bouncer/doorman "no jersey's" which you understood to mean no one wears a jersey into that bar. Then you enter the bar after removing your jersey and see white guys wearing jersey's as if there are two standards?

·
would read again
6,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I never said he was being racist. I just said I was a victim of racial profiling. He didn't let me in with my jersey cause I looked like a thug I guess. But do you think he would had let me In with my jersey if I was white or indian or asian?

·
would read again
6,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So let me get this correct, you went to a bar wearing a Jersey, you were told by the bouncer/doorman "no jersey's" which you understood to mean no one wears a jersey into that bar. Then you enter the bar after removing your jersey and see white guys wearing jersey's as if there are two standards?
Pretty much.

·
makin' bacon
5,752 Posts
I never said he was being racist. I just said I was a victim of racial profiling. He didn't let me in with my jersey cause I looked like a thug I guess. But do you think he would had let me In with my jersey if I was white or indian or asian?
Why didn't you just ask him instead of assuming?

Stevo

1 - 20 of 86 Posts