DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Fear the Stashe
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A source close to the Nebraska Board of Regents told Orangebloods.com Wednesday Nebraska regents have informally agreed to leave for the Big Ten and will make a formal announcement on Friday. Several sources in the Big 12 South have said if Nebraska leaves, the Big 12 is dead
Get ready to watch games at some random late times in a few years.
:buttkick:

·
HERE WE GO STEELERS
18,683 Posts
Get ready to watch games at some random late times in a few years.
:buttkick:
Move Tech to the north, bring in TCU to fill Tech's spot. Problem solved.

That or just go back to calling it the SWC.

·
Premium Member
18,368 Posts
The Husker's have their first big season in 10 years, and they're going to collapse the Big 12 by leaving? Figures. Without Su, they're going to suck again for years...

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
The Husker's have their first big season in 10 years, and they're going to collapse the Big 12 by leaving? Figures. Without Su, they're going to suck again for years...
well last year they got lucky that everyone else in the Big 12 sucked. I cant say Im surprised by this. But the NCAA needs to make sure that Texas, Texas A&M and Oklahoma stay together or at least play each other every year cause of the rivalry

·
Registered
723 Posts
well last year they got lucky that everyone else in the Big 12 sucked. I cant say Im surprised by this. But the NCAA needs to make sure that Texas, Texas A&M and Oklahoma stay together or at least play each other every year cause of the rivalry
I'm sure those three will stay together. This is some crazy stuff going on.

·
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
14,997 Posts
But the NCAA needs to make sure that Texas, Texas A&M and Oklahoma stay together or at least play each other every year cause of the rivalry
There are reports that A&M and t.u. officials are meeting today to make sure they are on the same page.

Even though most here think that the texas/ou games mean more (because of the impact on rank the last 10 years), I completely believe that A&M and t.u. officials understand that the 117 year State of Texas Tradition means much more (t.u. makes more money off the A&M rivalry because it's played in Austin every other year and is usually the only college football game being played/broadcast the day it's played).

Texas, A&M, Tech, OU, OSU, KU, KSU, TCU, UH, BU.....I don't see a problem.
Television Markets are the problem. In that senario, the two big markets are DFW and Houston. Austin, Lubbock, the entire state of Oklahoma, and the entire state of Kansas television markets combined to not even come close to L.A. and Seattle markets.

That's what this whole thing has to do with: Television Money. Which is Sad.

·
CEO of......
7,134 Posts

They don't have to stay together, OU wasn't in UT's conference until '96 and they played every year before that anyways.

And i'm sure if aggy and texas went their seperate ways, they would still play each other around turkey day

·
Premium Member
7,612 Posts
WOW a big conference really can desolve in less than a month. Amazing. Do the schools not have a contract with the conference? Or is it all based on word of mouth pledges? There has to be contracts involved.

·
HERE WE GO STEELERS
18,683 Posts
Perfect! Bring Boise State in for north and TCU for south now that two teams are leaving!

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Honestly I dont have any respect for college football, nor do I care who wins a championship until someone in the NCAA grows a brain and creates a playoff system. Name me one time in the last 10 years the BCS has worked? All the BCS does is give the bigger schools a better chance to be in the big games.

·
Premium Member
7,612 Posts
Honestly I dont have any respect for college football, nor do I care who wins a championship until someone in the NCAA grows a brain and creates a playoff system. Name me one time in the last 10 years the BCS has worked? All the BCS does is give the bigger schools a better chance to be in the big games.
Texas beat USC :09:

·
LS1 Fighter
818 Posts
Perfect! Bring Boise State in for north and TCU for south now that two teams are leaving!
From what i read, they might not even offer TCU an invite if they wanted them. There's no added TV bucks and hurts the recruiting of A&M, TT, UT and ect...They'd be more inclined to invite BYU than TCU.

·
Premium Member
18,368 Posts
I grew up with the SWC, and I thought everything would go to shit when it ended. Of course it didn't, and the good, solid programs will always be fine. The travel involved with some of the conferences would be tough for any of the Texas teams (in particular), but other than that, OU and UT can write their own ticket to almost anywhere.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.