DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
What are some good R/C vehicle sites to learn on? I'm debating getting an R/C car and just wanna learn a little bit about them.

·
Head Post Reader
502 Posts
Don't know any websites but if you head over to Mike's Hobby shop in Carrollton and talk to the guys at the car r/c counter they are pretty knowledgable and can head you in the right direction.
www.mikeshobbyshop.com

·
11-05-09
21,427 Posts
Traxxas, I use their cars, with little problems.
They come pre-built, and are cheap compared to the other kits around. I have the T-Maxx 2.5 and the Nitro Tec 4 Pro.
Team Associates makes another good RTR, The TC3.
CHecl out their websites :D

·
Ultimate X-phoria
19,895 Posts
Towerhobbies

RC web directory

try this site. It's good for info and hard to find parts, I don't recommend buying any kits from it because they are pretty high. Local hobby shops are cheaper. the second link is web directory to other peoples sites. This site can get you kits, accessories, information, etc... I think this will help you find the answers to any of your questions, but you'll have to browse around the directory.

Mikes in carrollton is a little far for you to drive KJ and most of the guys there are into electrics. On a busy day they are too busy shootin the shit to help you or at least that was my complaint a couple of years ago as I was in there every weekend.

If you decide to buy a Nitro Kit (highly recommend, more fun, more hands on, faster, etc) I recommend you buy one that you build. It's not difficult and you learn how they work. I built two and if I can do it, anybody can do it. Personally I like Team Associated for newbies and Mugen for the experienced.

If you have any questions, shoot me a pm, i'll be happy to help.

·
11-05-09
21,427 Posts
This is going to screw him up, with all of our varied opinions. Just do some research on this, it's not cheap. I've spent close to $500 on my T-maxx in less than 2 mos, and about $350 on my Nitro -Tec so far. :mad:

Now that I think about it, That could have been MOD money for my 'Stang!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!!
*Repeatedly Bangs head on Desk*

·
Turn Your Swag On!
1,707 Posts
Nitro 4-Tecs are the best. That's what I got started on and I love my little car. I'd say go with that if you're looking for a non-off-road type car.

·
Sir Clavin
3,106 Posts
I used to race R/C cars competitively with Jordon Musser, Saladbar, and Silver99LS1 and I will be the first to tell you that Traxxas can lick my ballz!!!

If you really want to talk to someone that knows a ton about R/C in general and that has done it all, pm Jordon.

·
Premium Member
36,166 Posts
Black5OHFox said:
Now that I think about it, That could have been MOD money for my 'Stang!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:
He's gotta turbo kit sittin' in the garage and he'd rather spend time on an RC car.:rolleyes: I think the power scares him...

:p

·
Registered
387 Posts
My personal opinion is go with Associated or Losi unless you want a monster truck, in which case you will want a T or E Maxx.
Again just my opinion.

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
Got Boost? said:
He's gotta turbo kit sittin' in the garage and he'd rather spend time on an RC car.:rolleyes: I think the power scares him...

:p
You bastard! I am considering an R/C car because I used to have one when I was a child. It was much fun. And the turbo kit ain't ready, biatch. Thanks:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
36,166 Posts
KJ94GT said:
You bastard! I am considering an R/C car because I used to have one when I was a child. It was much fun.
I've got a Bo-Link that I built a few years ago for fairly Cheap. The car itself wasn't bad, it's the electronics that get ya.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
ON this same subject:

I have a OS .15 in my Kyosho Sandmaster and because of the lack of better parts for the Kyosho I need a donor truck for my engine.............

The engine part number is: OS15 CV-X 11523

Does any body know what kind of TRUCK this will fit in...........

My kyosho is fast as crap but, It just keeps chewing up transmitions like nothing else and there are no available trans. hop-ups.....

Thanks in Advance,
Trey

G

·
Discussion Starter #19
mmm

I really enjoy my traxxas tmax. with the megatech 1.5hp engine in it. it goes and is fun and is big
but for a buggy. i am thinking of getting the ofna 9.5 mbx.
it just got a full review in th enew nitro rc mag and it is way cool.

there are several places in dallas to go check stuff out.

merkur is rather knowledgable on them also. he can give you shop lists in the addison dfw area.

the tmax is a good price. and the ofna ready to race mbx is good price at 500 bux.
just my 2 pennys

·
Hanging on ropes
2,001 Posts
check out "mikes hobbies" in carrolton

http://www.mikeshobbyshop.com/

good prices and tons of stuff. the staff tends to be rather knowedgable.

i've had a blast with both my nitro 4tec pro and my losi xxxnt. the xxxnt is a BLAST, but prone to gearbox failure, a really great vehicle for trashing around in. but then again, if you just want to trash around, the tmaxx would be the better choice. the 4tec is a ROCKET, but requires extensive wrenching, and very deft control. i've had it over a year and am still getting the hang of all that speed.

stitch has had great luck with his megatech engine, however mine was a real POS. but, they have to be the #1 bang for the buck in motors. on the car i run a picco.15 and on the truck i run an os.12 (both top of the line models). i do find them easier to tune, and overall better, but its AWFULLY hard to justify the price tags!!!!

okay, some websites.

if you jump in, definitly go nitro!! you'll have a ton more fun! i got sooooo boared of my (sold) losi xxx electric truck after i bought my 4tec.

http://www.nitrorc.com/
http://www.rcfiles.com/forums/
http://www.rcnitro.com/
http://www.rccaraction.com/

i would also highly suggest checking out the magazines. the last two sites are the rags i read every now and then.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts