DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First... does the service suck? I'm looking to get DSL at my new apartment they are who I'm considering the most.

Second... what kind of hardware do they use? Standard cat5 cable, 10/100 nic cards, etc? My last DSL provider was SBCGlobal and they used some weird shit that looked like a normal modem and phone line you plugged into a ordinary phonejack... gay! So please tell me they use standard networking hardware. :)

·
Premium Member
6,223 Posts
well i didn't know at&t did dsl... i have thier cable product and over all, i;m satisfied. the equipment is different from place to place. but i have a 3 com cable modem.. from that is a cat 5 cable to a router. from the router to the lan is cat5. if that awnsers your question.

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
25,373 Posts
AT&T doesnt have an ADSL product.

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
25,373 Posts

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
25,373 Posts
Black5OHFox said:
Speaking of DSL, AbecX, did you do what you told me you were going to do?
I got as many as I could, it was hard to keep track.

·
Christian Woman
5,467 Posts
AbecX said:
They bash their own product then ;)
Lots of companies do that...baffles the mind, I tell you! :D

The one that always stands out in my mind:

Velveeta (made by Kraft) Shells and Cheese - they tout that the creamy velveeta cheese is much better than that nasty powder stuff that goes everywhere when you open the package...

Ah ha! But Kraft is also the maker of plain 'ole 'Macaroni and Cheese' with, *gasp*, that package of powder cheese that goes everywhere if you open it wrong... ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts