DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Now Coupeless
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing my entire steering system (on a fox coupe), so far my list consists of 93 Cobra Rack and Pinion, MM Bump Steer Kit, Flaming River Steering shaft. As of now I'm keeping the stock K-member. So my question is would it be good to use Solid Rack Bushings or Poly Bushings?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I have the MM solid rack bushing kit.
Instantly I felt 500% more road noise. I can feel the texture of the road through the steering wheel.
If you drive your car a lot, I would go for polys instead.
I've learned to deal with it though.

·
Got Lateral G's??
9,822 Posts
MM aluminum offset rack bushings......be sure to grind off the steel bushings in the K member first!!!

·
Now Coupeless
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aggie97 said:
MM aluminum offset rack bushings......be sure to grind off the steel bushings in the K member first!!!
Is that the reason it says not to use solid bushings on a stock K-member car on MM's web site?

·
Got Lateral G's??
9,822 Posts
Nate said:
Is that the reason it says not to use solid bushings on a stock K-member car on MM's web site?
Maybe? It's not that hard to make them work and be safe on the stocker (mine is a 2000). It helped but I still need the bump steer kit and the MM k member/a arms.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
aggie97 said:
Maybe? It's not that hard to make them work and be safe on the stocker (mine is a 2000). It helped but I still need the bump steer kit and the MM k member/a arms.

Mine's on my stock K-member also.
No problems here...put on about 13K miles so far.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts