DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
31,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why?

I can kinda-sorta understand if it's your home team, but not really...

but why have blind loyalty to a particular team for years and years? players change, coaches change, owners change... hell, even the logos change... so why stay loyal to one particular team if it isn't even the same team that it was 2-3-5-10yrs ago?

Forrest

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Forrest said:
why?

I can kinda-sorta understand if it's your home team, but not really...

but why have blind loyalty to a particular team for years and years? players change, coaches change, owners change... hell, even the logos change... so why stay loyal to one particular team if it isn't even the same team that it was 2-3-5-10yrs ago?

Forrest
your women changes alot over the years and you stay loyal to her. Its the same thing

·
Silicone Sucks!!!
1,133 Posts
Sometimes you have to be with your team when they suck and everybody else hates them to truly appriciate it when they finally win it all. In '88 or '89 when the Cowboys whent 1-15 everybody laughed at them and it was a long year being a cowboy fan, but when they won it all a couple years later it made it all that more sweet. hope this helps

<------------------bleeds blue and silver

·
Custom Title
16,584 Posts
I've liked the Bronco's since I moved to Colorado in 1973. They are a part of Denver, it's more than just a team/sports thing IMO. Since they are the only pro football team in Colorado, they also are a part of the state. I'm a fan win or loose, I'm still a fan. Also, studies have shown in Colorado, when the Bronco's do better, tourism does better. I read that a fews days ago. I guess from more national television coverage or something, reminds people of the state and skiing???

·
Banned
31,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Re: question for fans of particular sports teams...

YoBro said:
your women changes alot over the years and you stay loyal to her. Its the same thing
if she changes THAT much, she won't be my woman anymore...

I just don't get it... it's just a name and a logo...

there are particular players I really like and I'll get behind a team every now and again, but I just can't stay loyal to a logo...

I was a huge Cowboys fan way back when, and yes, I was a fan before the big turn-around, but I was also 12yrs old... shrug...

I'm an Oklahoma State fan because my entire family went there and my Grandfather was the Registrar for 40 years or whatever, so that's just in my blood... but I've watched maybe 3 games in the last 5 years.

like I said, I kinda-sorta understand, but really I just don't get it... interesting phenomenon though...

Forrest

·
Banned
31,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yellowstang said:
I've liked the Bronco's since I moved to Colorado in 1973. They are a part of Denver, it's more than just a team/sports thing IMO. Since they are the only pro football team in Colorado, they also are a part of the state. I'm a fan win or loose, I'm still a fan. Also, studies have shown in Colorado, when the Bronco's do better, tourism does better. I read that a fews days ago. I guess from more national television coverage or something, reminds people of the state and skiing???
heh, I was a Bronco's fan back when I was in elementry school when they'd would go really far but not quite get the ring! LOL! we have a cabin in Colorado, and I feel at home up there...

the home-team thing makes sense because it's true... when a team is doing well, it's good for the economy, but then I think about how much fuckin' money taxpayers spend on the stadiums, the players, and getting to sit in traffic whenever there's a game, and then it doesn't seem so great anymore! LOL!

Forrest

·
Custom Title
16,584 Posts
Forrest said:
heh, I was a Bronco's fan back when I was in elementry school when they'd would go really far but not quite get the ring!

Forrest
I remember those days all too well! LOL! :mad:
Not only did they not get the ring, they got their asses kicked in the Superbowl a few times. At least they helped other teams set new records though:rolleyes:

·
Banned
31,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yellowstang said:
I remember those days all too well! LOL! :mad:
Not only did they not get the ring, they got their asses kicked in the Superbowl a few times. At least they helped other teams set new records though:rolleyes:
I'll never forget... I was in 6th grade... getting on the bus the morning after the Super Bowl... talking with a couple of my buddies, and the bus driver about shit when he overheard me say, (and I quote), "God damn mother fuckin' Broncos can't win a god damn Super Bowl!" :D

Forrest

·
Custom Title
16,584 Posts
Forrest said:
I'll never forget... I was in 6th grade... getting on the bus the morning after the Super Bowl... talking with a couple of my buddies, and the bus driver about shit when he overheard me say, (and I quote), "God damn mother fuckin' Broncos can't win a god damn Super Bowl!" :D

Forrest
Or the joke I heard about a million times.

How many Bronco's does it take to change a flat tire?
1, unless it's a blow-out, then the whole team shows up:eek:

·
ebay pimp
4,201 Posts
I couldn't give a rat's ass about " Professional Sports", all the players are crack heads who piss away thier money on drugs, whores, strippers, gambling, and just in general, low life activities. 3 years after retirement thier broke, and are surprised when they go to jail for having 150 lbs of pot in thier cars.

The owners aren't any better....billionaire's who expect thier home city to drop $500M-$1B for a new sports complex. The corrupt fuckers should built it out of thier own money! If that's what it costs to keep a team in your city....let the low life bastards go...........

FUCK PRO SPORTS:mad:
Scott

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
I guess it would be the same as those that are still partial to a college even though they never played for the team. Because of where I was raised, I'm a Bronco fan by default. Even though they didn't make it to the play-offs, I'll still love them. I'd just love them more if Elway could play for 50 more years. :D

I'm also a fan of the Eagles since that was the first super bowl I actually watched. My dad said to pick a team, and I'd always had a fascination with eagles, so the choice was obvious. They lost, but I'll always remember Ron Jaworski. :D

·
Premium Member
9,277 Posts
Been an Eagles fan since I started playing/watching football. As far as why? I guess I started liking them when I was little because I liked their mascot and colors? But, i've always tended to like their players more than any other team through-out the years.

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
I have been a New England Patriots fan forever, way before they were the Boston Patriots. It was the area I grew up in. And even though players go away and teams change, the franchise is still there, and always will be there. It was really nice cheering for the team that "just couldn't win anything" and watched them become the underdog SuperBowl champions last season.

·
Custom Title
16,584 Posts
White trash wagon said:
I couldn't give a rat's ass about " Professional Sports", all the players are crack heads who piss away thier money on drugs, whores, strippers, gambling:mad:
Scott
Well damnit, except for the crack/drugs, I knew I shoulda become a professional athlete, whores, strippers and gambleing, whooohooo!:D

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
White trash wagon said:
I couldn't give a rat's ass about " Professional Sports", all the players are crack heads who piss away thier money on drugs, whores, strippers, gambling, and just in general, low life activities. 3 years after retirement thier broke, and are surprised when they go to jail for having 150 lbs of pot in thier cars.

The owners aren't any better....billionaire's who expect thier home city to drop $500M-$1B for a new sports complex. The corrupt fuckers should built it out of thier own money! If that's what it costs to keep a team in your city....let the low life bastards go...........

FUCK PRO SPORTS:mad:
Scott
No no, you are thinking of pro baseball...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.