DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hamilton Racing Ownz U
10,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are pretty fast bikes right? I was on my way home from the cops breaking up the fun, and saw a bike get on the freeway fairly fast.

I sped up to catch it to see if he would bite, and just as I got slow enough to be ready to downshift in case he wanted to run, he looks over his shoulder and downshifts it and takes off. I am thinking damn, so w/o downshifting (I am in fourth) I floor it and stop his pulling almost instantly. I look over and notice the boost gauge climbing fast, and look over and see his bike getting closer:D I am thinking hell yea, stay in it, and get him to the rear of my door, and look over and he is laying down going through the gears like a mad man. I powershift to fifth, and get another few feet out and then his momentum caught up to me as I was out of boost and he pulled about 2 bikes out on me again when I lifted...

Needless to say I was extremely excited. I downshifted again to catch back up with him to notice what kind of bike it was after the run. I was figuring it was a 600 or something:rolleyes: But it said ZX9R on it. Very cool bike and cool rider too! Except the whole ricer flyby thing, I like to start my races dead-even, but oh well, I guess he needed the jump:p :D

Oh BTW... this was in my dad's SLOW Mustang... haha:eek:
Guess it ain't broke no mo... lol

·
Hamilton Racing Ownz U
10,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stangfanatic said:
Slow mustang ?? :confused:
Yea its just a stock 302 with some bolt ons and 11 psi... It's not fast:)

·
Hamilton Racing Ownz U
10,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4DRSS said:
If it was a newer ZX9R they are capable of running high 9's in the 1/4 right off the showroom floor with a capable rider. Car must be running really good to chase one down on the highway.
:eek: :D

·
[x] original checkboxer
10,836 Posts
I'll run your Dad's vert with my stock 750cc bike.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Got Stripes? and I were behind watching and Strokd was pulling that bike till 5th gear. Pretty good run from our view.:)

·
OLD SCHOOL crew
11,619 Posts
Not to take anything away from you, but most people on bikes can't race worth a f***

They will take off in 4th on the highway when they should be in 2nd. I rolled some guy on a zx-9 a couple nights ago on my ancient 600 :D I even have the stock exhaust back on. My bike is all choked down. In the last couple days I have out run an f4i, new r6, and been right next to a geared down 02 gixxer 750, and a stock 929 while on the top end. Some of these bikes will get me in a drag race, but in all out speed my little 6 is as fast or faster. I figured it would be slower than a stocker with the stock header and slip on since the power band is kind of peaky and the curve is steep. It definately doesn't have the top end pull it used to, but the stock exhaust makes it more fun around town. Lots more torque down low.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts