Behind Blue Eyes..
6,686 Posts
i wonder how much they spent playing

·
98 SVT Cobra
5,088 Posts
55-Year-Old Contractor Is Sole Winner of $314.9 Million Powerball Jackpot

CHARLESTON, W.Va. Dec. 26 —
A 55-year-old contractor won the $314.9 million Powerball jackpot, the largest single lottery jackpot in history, lottery officials said Thursday.

Andrew Jackson Whittaker Jr., opted to take the lump sum of more than $111 million after taxes, Lottery spokeswoman Nancy Bulla said.

"I've had to work for everything in my life. This is the first thing that's ever been given to me," he said.

Whittaker said he originally thought he had lost the jackpot because the numbers came up wrong on the televised drawing Christmas night. It wasn't until Thursday morning that he realized he won.

He said he plans to pay his tithe to the Church of God with the winnings.

"The very first thing I'm going to do is go home and make out three checks to three pastors," said Whittaker, who was dressed in all black and was wearing a black cowboy hat.

His wife of 36 years said she plans to go to Israel.

"I'd just go to go there. It's where Jesus walked," Jewell Whittaker said.

The couple planned to travel to New York City Thursday night.

"I just want to thank God for letting me pick the right numbers or letting the machine pick the right numbers," Whittaker said.
Tithe on $111 Mil would be to the tune of $11.1 Mil. :eek: Glad to see some people have their priorities. :D

·
98 SVT Cobra
5,088 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.