DFW Mustang Forums banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

· Registered
228 Posts
mustangguy289 said:
I forget the exact year.. i can call my old boss and he paint store we bought our supplies from... but there is a year they had a color similar to E9 but it was a 2 coat color instead of 3 coat like the e9. There difference was metallic flake in the base coat inplace of a coat of just pearl.

Might not have been on the mustangs..... but they did have a replacement for the E9.. the painter was trying to talk me into switching to it cuz it cheaper for me on materials.
Oh you are talking about the 2 Stage Formula for the Lazer Red, it's still E9 color code. The 3 Stage uses alot actual metalliac colors, the 2 Stage just replicates the metalliac effect using pearl/transparent toners.

· Banned
10,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
notchedstang said:
Oh you are talking about the 2 Stage Formula for the Lazer Red, it's still E9 color code. The 3 Stage uses alot actual metalliac colors, the 2 Stage just replicates the metalliac effect using pearl/transparent toners.
According to Finish masters and the paint and body shop i think u have the two mixed up. The 3 stage uses pearl as the 2nd stage. The 2 stage has the metallic inplace of the pearl. And i believe the 2 stage code starts with an F. Or maybe thats just a color similar to laser red. Hell im just gonna keep it stock E9 and be done with it. If it turns pink it turns pink.

· Registered
228 Posts
mustangguy289 said:
According to Finish masters and the paint and body shop i think u have the two mixed up. The 3 stage uses pearl as the 2nd stage. The 2 stage has the metallic inplace of the pearl. And i believe the 2 stage code starts with an F. Or maybe thats just a color similar to laser red. Hell im just gonna keep it stock E9 and be done with it. If it turns pink it turns pink.
personally i wouldnt use a stage 2 color code,. it looks like shit, because all the toners you use just replicate the pearl effect, the stage 3 actually uses the pearl toners.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts