DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
YnoT
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I get home about 12:00 last night. It was me, my girlfriend, and one of my roomates. As we ar pulling into a parking spot we notice a cadillac with its headlights on parked next to my roomates Grand Prix GTP. So we pull in and the cadillac hauls ass and speeds off. We look at each other and say thats weird. So we get out of the car and and go look at the GTP the wheatherstriping* is cut out of the top on the passengers side window right where they were parked. While we are still out there, I see the cadillac coming back down the street very slowly. He sees that we are out there and hits a hard left turn and again speeds off. Well by this time there were about 8 of my buddies outside we all hop in our cars and chase after him. He pulls into this section of the apartments that "dead ends". Well it was too late fo him to notice that we had him blocked in. So the driver gets out of the car and walks away towards an apartment and immedietly returns to his car. He gets back in the car and starts to drive away by this time we had allready called the cops and they were on their way. So they get out to preston and take a right on belt line towards the DNT. We spotted a cop as we were following him and called 911 and they were able to get a hold of him and he hauls ass and pulls them over in the Club Life parking lot. After that 4 other car cops pull in and block the car off. They pull both passenger and driver out of the car and search the car but they could not find anything on them :mad: . This is their story for them being there. They said that they had pulled into the apartment complex so that they could drink in the parking lot before they went to club life. Well first of all I thought that was illegal and second of all If they were drinking dont they get arrested for "open container"? Last, If they were "planning" on going to club life shouldnt they have been dressed differently. They were both wearing Baggy blue jeans,white cut off t shirts and tennis shoes. Last time I went to the club you couldnt get in if you were wearing tshirts,tennis shoes or jeans. Well the cop said that since we actually didnt see them physically breaking into the car they couldnt do anything. So they let them go :mad: :mad:. So they just decided to go drink at some random parking lot next to a car that had been "attempted of a break in" plus they didnt even live nowhere around this area. Sometimes cops make me mad. Well I just wanted to warn everyone about a blue cadillac (early 90's model) driving around with no lp on the holder just paper plates on the back glass that you can bearly see to be carefull. There were two guys in the car, the drivers last name was "thomas". Oh well the cops couldnt do anything about it but at least they didn't get into my buddies car.

·
Out
36,504 Posts
Sounds like the police dropped the ball on that one. (as far as not investigating further)

You cannot be arrested for open container or speeding in the state of Texas.

There were several other violations that they could have probably been arrested for (P.I. for example), but if the reason for initially pulling them over and checking them turns out to be bogus, then more than likely, the cops would shy away from an arrest. Misdemeanors are an officer's discretion as far as arrests go.

Thanks for the heads up, though. And good luck getting yours back!

·
YnoT
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those were my thoughts, I wish I would have seen one of them "out" of their car and next to my buddies car in that case me and my other 8 buddies would have beat them down when we blocked them in. But since we didnt actually see them doing anything we stayed away from violence. I believe that when the driver got out of the car he went to trow away his "tools" since he probly knew he was fucked by that time. I will go check where he was walking and see if I see anything. Also they said they were going to the club so why is it that they left on got on the tollway as soon as they were released?? this still pisses me off. I wish I would have just beat them down for the hell of it when we had the chance.

·
11-05-09
21,629 Posts
Bluecoupe said:
yeah one of the cops drove back to my apartment looked at the car and siad that since we really didnt see them physically do it there wasnt anything that they could really do.

Which is true, there is no Probable cause for an arrest, and since you didn't see them breaking into the car, you can't fill out a sworn affadavit.:(

They got lucky, it might be time to invest in a camera, to set in a window.

·
YnoT
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yes the cops wrote down a report I asked them for the suspects names but they said that could not be released to the public until they filed the repot. All he said was that the drivers last name was thomas and I doubt the paper plates were any good also.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.