DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
f-ck off
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking of buying a 97 crown vic police p71
the vehicle has been rolled .but still runs and drives.
engine and tran have documented 106k on them .
my question is ....is this thing worth my time ...i can buy it for 700.00:eek: :eek:

·
gotta love hotties
1,093 Posts
if you are wanting to do some body work and then go fool some ppl into thinking you are a cop, then YES! Otherwise, NO WAY. But then again, $700 for a running vehicle isnt too bad.

·
fox bodies rule
2,053 Posts

I'm not sure what exactly the modifications are, but I know they are fast, not sure if because of engine or different suspension, but I think you should offer $500, Try to find out the upgrades.

·
11-05-09
21,427 Posts
Re: .

0393GT said:
I'm not sure what exactly the modifications are, but I know they are fast, not sure if because of engine or different suspension, but I think you should offer $500, Try to find out the upgrades.
The only differences with the Interceptors are high-temp radiator hoses, and a heavy duty radiator. THere is nothing different with the motor.

·
Secular Dogooderist
3,031 Posts
Re: .

0393GT said:
YEa, real fast. 16.99 -- 2.8 60'

·
Secular Dogooderist
3,031 Posts
Re: Re: .

SilverOH3SVT said:
The only differences with the Interceptors are high-temp radiator hoses, and a heavy duty radiator. THere is nothing different with the motor.
They do have throttle body spacers and a speed limiter delete also

·
f-ck off
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lmao ...............i thought thats what we dicided myk???
i offered ,she said she wouldnt take my offer ...oh well ..

hey .next mon can we do that again ....with trin it was fun ...lol

·
BadBoysBadBoys
74 Posts
BAD IDEA

I DO THIS FOR A LIVING GUYS AND THESE CARS ARE SO SLOW THAT ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY. I HAVE A 97 STOCK GT THAT WILL PUT THEM TO SHAME. I ALSO HAVE A 99 COBRA AND LETS JUST SAY THAT CROWN VICS DONT PUT OUT THE HP YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AND DONT HAVE THE LOOKS EITHER. IF YOU ARE GOING TO BUY IT I WOLD DO IT FOR PARTING OUT PURPOSES. YOU COULD GET MORE THAN $700.

BY THE WAY: I WAS OUT RAN BY A V-6 CAMARO IN A MARKED CROWN VIC

·
Premium Member
16,774 Posts
Its just another junky non pi headed mod motor. Those motors are garbage and not good for anything. Not worth the money.

·
Premium Member
6,783 Posts
2fast4u said:
i am thinking of buying a 97 crown vic police p71
the vehicle has been rolled .but still runs and drives.
engine and tran have documented 106k on them .
my question is ....is this thing worth my time ...i can buy it for 700.00:eek: :eek:
if you deciede to buy it let me know if you need any parts, we have 97 ( i think) that is hit on the front I can sale you parts off if you need any thing

·
f-ck off
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i offered a resonable amount .the owner sais ,,,,in so many words no
the vehicle was hit in the front ......lost control,in the rain ,and hit a median doing 65-70.... front is gone ..lmao
copcar deserved that one ....
i was going to but it for the sole reason to part it out .a good frien and i talked ,we decided it wasnt worth the drive to ill to get it for more than what i offered .
thank yall for the input .

keith :D

·
Premium Member
5,741 Posts
buy it and part it out

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
The Police packages do have the aluminum heads that can be ported and polished. Port and Polish the heads and swap the cams with whats in your mustang now and you will get some power increase. but its now worth 700. I got a full upper setup (Throttle body, plumen, intake, and heads all aluminum for 119. so it was worth it to me. Plus I have a set of PI cams going into the heads also so I'll see a good HP increase. it your going to spend 700 then get the PI swap.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts