DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get some cooler plugs for my 02. I am going to get some 12c's, but what brand(motorcraft)? Can I get them at O'Reily's?

thanks
Chris

·
Registered
70 Posts
blaze1076 said:
ttt Anyone, anyone?:confused:
far be it from me to be the mustang mechanic.. yet.. however you should at the very least be able to swing by oriellys and get those bastards to look up the cross reference for the plugs they have.. then just get one range colder.. i know with my current motor(not v8) i use a champion rcy9c, and the 12c is the recommend range colder for juice.. i would have to assume that it would be much the same with whatever plugs you get.. just get the next highest number..

now.. i could be wrong.. but it makes sense anyway.. and it looks like i may have been wrong.. popped over to google:

"Most nitrous applications over 75 hp require a colder spark plug. Start with one heat range colder and monitor the plugs for flecks of aluminum, sure signs of detonation. Don't EVER run platinum tipped or splitfire type plugs, they will foul quickly on spray (nitrous.) Autolite works great, I run Autolite 23's in my 93 Mustang 5.0 with no problems. Stock on late model mustangs is an Autolite 25, one step colder is 24, 2 steps colder is 23. Simple, no? "

http://www.raceworx.com/spark_plugs.html

later,

zane

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.