DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to get some new spark plugs for my 5.0 and was wondering if it would be good to get the bosch platinum 4 to get some good gas mileage. I was wondering if they are worth the 50 bucks or should i just get some splitfires.

· ¯\(º_o)/¯
25,199 Posts
Get some autolite plugs. Plantnium wont put out as much spark supposedly as copper plugs. Plantinum plugs just last a lot longer. Split fire plugs are junk as well. That whole dual sprack thing is all advertising, electricity is going to take the route of least resistance, not take 2 seperate paths, its either going to spark on one or the other, not both.

· 4 STAGES BIG N' DRY
6,805 Posts
JUNK!

Dont waste the time or the money! I have seen bosch plat's cause a vehicle to fail inspection! Never spray juice with plat plugs either! I just use autolite 24's ngk tr-6's or motorcraft oem replacments! You can buy 3-5 sets to one set of plat's or split fires, and keepingthe electrode from rounding off is the only thing that split fire's are good for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.