DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came home early this morn around 4am and started getting ready for bed when I heard a crash then a motor knocking then silence, (I live right beside one of the exits to the property) I look out my window and see a red grand am slanted sideways against the curb and a man sitting in the car, called Plano PD tell them whats up and 10 minutes later 2 cops show up and have to bang on the window to wake the dude that is now passed out in the car. 2 minutes later dudes on the phone, a buddy comes and picks him up cops leave no soberity test or anything only looked at his DL now their is a grand am broke down leaking oil right by the exit gate. btw he was driving on his rims

·
Worship me
34,345 Posts
FST FOX said:
I came home early this morn around 4am and started getting ready for bed when I heard a crash then a motor knocking then silence, (I live right beside one of the exits to the property) I look out my window and see a red grand am slanted sideways against the curb and a man sitting in the car, called Plano PD tell them whats up and 10 minutes later 2 cops show up and have to bang on the window to wake the dude that is now passed out in the car. 2 minutes later dudes on the phone, a buddy comes and picks him up cops leave no soberity test or anything only looked at his DL now their is a grand am broke down leaking oil right by the exit gate. btw he was driving on his rims
That was probably the mayor!!!

·
Beer Swillin' *******
1,371 Posts
If he was in your apartment complex, then he was on private property. The damage is the responsibilty of him and your complex to work out.

·
Registered
238 Posts
MouseKiller said:
If he was in your apartment complex, then he was on private property. The damage is the responsibilty of him and your complex to work out.
So if someone drives their car through your house they just let the driver call someone to come get them and say to the home owner "Sorry, it's private property we can't do anything." Shouldn't they have given him a soberiety test or something? At least call the medics to make sure he was ok? Just courious.

·
Full tilt boogie !!
10,207 Posts
AL P said:
That was probably the mayor!!!

Well if it was the mayor, its a good thing he wasn't in Rowlett.....lol

anyone remember the mayor of Rowlett getting a DUI in Rowlett ?

·
Moved to dfw mustangs.net
20,572 Posts
mackenzie said:
So if someone drives their car through your house they just let the driver call someone to come get them and say to the home owner "Sorry, it's private property we can't do anything." Shouldn't they have given him a soberiety test or something? At least call the medics to make sure he was ok? Just courious.
Not if he hit your house leaving a public street.

K

·
0 Posts
mackenzie said:
Apartment complexes are different. They're privately owned.
Houses are not the same. If someone hits your house, it's on!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Txstang1 said:
Well if it was the mayor, its a good thing he wasn't in Rowlett.....lol

anyone remember the mayor of Rowlett getting a DUI in Rowlett ?
I grew up in Rowlett (My stepdad is also the city manager), but I never heard of that one ....
Which mayor/what year?

I'd love something (or someone) to laugh at today. :D

·
Full tilt boogie !!
10,207 Posts
MyRed03GT said:
I grew up in Rowlett (My stepdad is also the city manager), but I never heard of that one ....
Which mayor/what year?

I cant remember his name. All I can remember is that the guy was young. I believe this happened around 2001 or possibly 2002, ask your step dad I bet he remembers....lol

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Txstang1 said:
I cant remember his name. All I can remember is that the guy was young. I believe this happened around 2001 or possibly 2002, ask your step dad I bet he remembers....lol
LoL I bet it was Shane Johnson. He went to HS with my sister. He was barely 30. :cool: I'll have to find out.

·
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
21,924 Posts
MyRed03GT said:
Which mayor/what year?

Shane whateverthefuckhislastnameis.

He is still the mayor. Happened a year or two ago last Christmas.

edit: clip from the DMN

Rowlett mayor convicted of DWILeader fined, given 2 years' probation07/23/2003By STEPHEN TERRY / The Dallas Morning News A Dallas County jury found Rowlett Mayor Shane Johnson guilty Tuesday of driving while intoxicated in January. Judge Dan L. Wyde sentenced Mr. Johnson, 31, to two years' probation. Mr. Johnson also will have to pay an $800 fine and participate in community service. Mr. Johnson, who has held several local radio marketing and account positions, became Rowlett's youngest mayor when he was elected in 2000. "I am mayor elected, and I will continue to be," Mr. Johnson said moments after Tuesday's...

·
Premium Member
32,085 Posts
FST FOX said:
Yeah, I saw the same car. When it wrecked out, it was stuck at 3,000 RPMs!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts