DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
lol, this place sucks now
13,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what does paying for a speeding ticket actually cause your insurance company to do vs. Deferred Disposition or Defensive Driving?

I know if you do either of the last two it doesn't go on your driving record and your insurance isn't affected, but what happens if you just pay the fine?

·
Opulance. I has it.
13,034 Posts
ClockwrkOrangeS4 said:
I know if you do either of the last two it doesn't go on your driving record and your insurance isn't affected, but what happens if you just pay the fine?
Maybe the opposite?

·
13,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ted said:
Maybe the opposite?
ya think?!?!?? I KNOW it goes on your record and your insurance is supposed to be affected... but how much? I mean if my insurance only goes up $1 a month, I can't see why I'd give up 8 hours of my day to save that. In the past I've just paid my tickets and never worried about it, but how much difference is the actual question.

to recap:

me: "how much is 2+2?"
you: "not 5"

thanks for the input, and upping your post count by +1:)

·
Blue5spd's a titty baby
13,472 Posts
I paid for a ticket i got in Iowa last summer and didn't have any premium changes. But I don't think insurance companies check records unless you try to claim something.

+1 post for me too.

·
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
21,924 Posts
ClockwrkOrangeS4 said:
ya think?!?!?? I KNOW it goes on your record and your insurance is supposed to be affected... but how much? I mean if my insurance only goes up $1 a month, I can't see why I'd give up 8 hours of my day to save that. In the past I've just paid my tickets and never worried about it, but how much difference is the actual question.

to recap:

me: "how much is 2+2?"
you: "not 5"

thanks for the input, and upping your post count by +1:)
2+2=5 for extermely large values of 2.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Tx has a new point system now (well not that new). I would just ask your insurance agent the premium impact per point.

·
Opulance. I has it.
13,034 Posts
CJ-95GT said:
Tx has a new point system now (well not that new). I would just ask your insurance agent the premium impact per point.
why, he wouldn't get a bunch of smartass comment from them like he does here?

·
13,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd rather not make myself look suspisious by calling them.

Ted, who is your agent and what is your poilcy number? :)

·
Opulance. I has it.
13,034 Posts
ClockwrkOrangeS4 said:
I'd rather not make myself suspisious by calling them.

Ted, who is your agent and what is your poilcy number? :)
I live in irving, I don't have insurance!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Dood - just do the online defensive driving or the Blockbuster DD course. Protect your license & possible insurance increase.
The test is easy online but timed. you can do other stuff while waiting for test timer to tick down....like read dfwstangs.net ;-)
You never know when you'll get your next ticket - be prepared!

·
Registered
742 Posts
???

94StangFiveO said:
Do this for sure. Just pay a fine and go 30 days with no tickets and you're just as good as doing DD without wasting a full day. Best way IMO.

30 days???
More like 6 months to a year depending where you got the ticket

K

·
0 Posts
I have State Farm and they claim to have never adjusted my rates for any moving violations. My rates have never changed.

·
13,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
KJ94GT said:
I have State Farm and they claim to have never adjusted my rates for any moving violations. My rates have never changed.
I have them as well, and my rates have never gone up... that's kinda why I asked. Everyone tells me not to pay it because of my insurance though.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
ClockwrkOrangeS4 said:
I have them as well, and my rates have never gone up... that's kinda why I asked. Everyone tells me not to pay it because of my insurance though.
I have them, too. I'm pretty sure State Farm works like this:
There will be little to no change for a ticket on your record ($$wise). However, it is a violation against you. So, if you were ever to get in a wreck, exc., they will drop you like there's no tomorrow.

Just take the class. It's not that bad, so unless you have a valid reason not to, why not? :confused:

·
yes, jluv
17,073 Posts
94StangFiveO said:
Deferred ajudication is 30 days. Deferred probation is 6 months to a year. Been there dont that with both.
Actually, it's different with each city. Getting a lawyer will usually get the fine reduced and the term shortened. Plus, you can do it several times if needed instead of just once per year per city.

As far as insurance going up, that depends on your carrier and the other factors about your policy. I was in a wreck (my fault) and mine didn't go up at all. It would after two, though. If and how much can only be answered by your agent. I wouldn't recommend letting anything go on your record that you could possibly avoid, though. Take it to a traffic lawyer.

·
Arbeit Macht Frei
19,759 Posts
94StangFiveO said:
Deferred ajudication is 30 days. Deferred probation is 6 months to a year. Been there dont that with both.
Every DA Ive gotten has been 90 days, Southlake, Grapevine, Irving
all 90 days.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts