DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here it is the week of the Red River Rivalry, and there is not a single Whorn on this board talkin smack. What gives? Im so use to the constant butt soup, dribbling from all of you horn fans' yappers. Is the morale really that down in Tejas? Or are you guys just satisfied with bringing that weak shit year after year to the Cotton Bowl?

Its gotten damn near pathetic, down there in Dallas. Atleast make it worth my time to drive down to that shithole (Cotton Bowl), and make a game of it.

Any predictions?

Any bets?

Any hope for the Whorns?

·
FPE - Full Plumber Effect
4,831 Posts
I can't believe you come over here talking shit about Texas especially after OU barely squeaked a win out of lowely TexasTech. Do us all a favor and stay in Oklahomo, don't need anymore assholes here this weekend

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ScottEvil said:
after OU barely squeaked a win out of lowely TexasTech.
You either dont follow College Football, or you are one of those guys who just sees the scores in the paper, and makes an assumption. There was nothing remotely "squeekd" about Saturdays win. The OU defense let Leach run his Mickey Mouse "Video game" offense for a grand total of 1 touchdown. Meanwhile, the offense didnt have to do anything but run the clock out from the first posession of the game. Stoops ran all over everyone last year, and look what it got him... NOTHING. Hes taking it easy this year......

............Oklahoma is on cruise control. Just doing what it takes to win games. This is probably the first year since about 87 or 88 that Oklahoma has the talent to literally
turn it on, and turn it off anytime they want. Saturday will be the first time that they have "turned it on" this season. It could really get ugly.

·
CEO of......
7,134 Posts
if texas gets smart on defense and actually will blitz some on White's no movin ass, it could be interesting. of course they have to stop 'ol boy from palistine from running the ball first, which they SHOULD be able to do. personally i say let Derrick Johnson blitz whenver the hell he wants to, he's only the best deffensive person in the nation.

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bert89coupe said:
if texas gets smart on defense and actually will blitz some on White's no movin ass.

Of course they have to stop 'ol boy from palistine from running the ball first
Very good in theory, but....

...... which one is it?
a. Blitz to disrupt the pass
b. Stop the run

You cant do both.

Thats the beauty of this Oklahoma squad. Offensively they can pretty much do anything they please.

·
CEO of......
7,134 Posts
99BRINGIT said:
Very good in theory, but....

...... which one is it?
a. Blitz to disrupt the pass
b. Stop the run

You cant do both.

Thats the beauty of this Oklahoma squad. Offensively they can pretty much do anything they please.

personally with white being the QB and having a freshman as a back, i'd try and stop the pass.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
bert89coupe said:
personally with white being the QB and having a freshman as a back, i'd try and stop the pass.
ou has already proved they can run the ball, so taking away the pass(if possible) wont help too much anyway. cedric benson will not run for 180 yards this saturday, and vince young doesnt pass as good as white. ou will win this game, again.

·
CEO of......
7,134 Posts
nicotino15 said:
ou has already proved they can run the ball, so taking away the pass(if possible) wont help too much anyway. cedric benson will not run for 180 yards this saturday, and vince young doesnt pass as good as white. ou will win this game, again.

they've proved they can run the ball against who? tech? *snickers*

·
Registered
809 Posts
bert89coupe said:

You are talking about one of the BEST running backs in college football right now even as a freshman Just wait till you guys see him run.... I bet he matches or beats Ced's yardage on Saturday and good luck stopping the returning HEISMAN WINNER from throwing to any one of his capable receivers....

And to the guy that called Jason WHite a "non-moving" quarterback definately HASNT been watching OU play this year....

·
CEO of......
7,134 Posts
yall are right, i don't know shit. i don't know what the freshman can do, i'm not from the same area as he is. all i know is that a qb that has had two major knee operations in the last 4yrs. can't be THAT fucking mobile. he moves just enough to avoid the oncomers. he's accurate, that's what makes him deadly.

like i've said, WHO have they proved anything against this year? they're damn good, don't get me wrong, i know this. but they haven't played anybody to contest there running game yet.

and trust me, i know young can't throw worth a shit. stop HIM running and make him try to throw and UT is in big trouble.

·
Registered
809 Posts
bert89coupe said:
yall are right, i don't know shit.
I wont comment here.....

bert89coupe said:
he moves just enough to avoid the oncomers. he's accurate, that's what makes him deadly..
WHAT QB DOESN'T??? hes not gonna dance for you guys FUCK!!!
Hes no Michael Vick and no one on the coaching staff WANTS him to run plus whats better? 5yrd run or 25yrd pass... hes more effective at passing

bert89coupe said:
WHO have they proved anything against this year.
WHAT the HELL are you talking about?? you obviously dont know a whole lot about college football... OU had one of the toughest non-conference schedules out of all the BCS teams from last year.... ALL the teams OU has played this year are bowl game teams from last year I mean there isnt any BCS teams around that is going to pick someone like ohio state or michigan for non-conference play... thats just retarded.... you just dont pick teams that you think you might lose to... hell HOuston played a real close game against Miami for 3 quarters and Bowling Green was #1 in their conference last year and WON their bowl game and they are undefeated after OU this year (i think)

bert89coupe said:
UT is in big trouble.
BOOM!!!!! nailed it on the head.... bwahahahahaha

MAN maybe you should be asking yourself who TEXAS has played this year thats worth a hoot.... RICE? BAYLOR? NORTH "FUCKING" TEXAS?? arkansas but then again you guys almost fucking lost to them.... play someone credible against the run then talk about how you are going to run the ball against us.... OU may not have the best defense but they are definately in the top 10-15.... and White IS deadly accurate to the tune of about 75% passing.... Bring that pass blitz and you will see HUGE numbers put up from yards after catch.... AND another thing.... TEXAS TECH came into that game with the NUMBER 1 offense and we held them to ONE touchdown..... what the hell more could you expect out of ANY team.... MAN I NEED someone that knows what the hell they are talking about to debate on here because I will SCHOOL you again if you want to post up more CRAP

·
BOOSTED32V Jr.
12,385 Posts
Its not like Oklahoma has played all top 10 teams in their first 4 games either. Bowling Green, Houston, Oregon, and Texas Tech is not a hard schedule at all. All this shit about them being bowl teams last year is a bunch of crap. None of those teams are anywhere near the same as they were last year and to be bragging about beating those teams is funny. The only really good team Texas has beaten so far is Arkansas and I'm not affraid to admit that.

And if you were watching the OK/Tech game then you saw Adrian Peterson go down to the ground in pain. He did come back in the game but didn't do hardly anything afterwards. It turned out to be an ankle sprain. While he says its nothing and will play against Texas, I think this may affect him just enough to slow him down.

OU is not the same team they used to be in the past few years. Their 'D' is nowhere near what it was and with Davoracek gone from their 'D' line, its gonna open up a huge hole for Benson to run through.

The key to this game is gonna be turnovers and special teams. If Texas can keep from throwing INT's and fumbling they will win this game easy because Benson just can't be stopped, period.

Again, OU got OWNED the past 2 games they played against ranked opponents (KSU and LSU) so hopefully Texas can make it 3.

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bert89coupe said:
but they haven't played anybody to contest there running game yet.
Oregon had the best defensive front that OU will play this entire year. The
freshman came in and rushed for 189 yards. Dont forget he doesnt even start. Adrian Peterson is the next great back in football.... ala Eric Dickerson, Walter Payton, Hershal Walker.

SVTVenom said:
Bowling Green, Houston, Oregon, and Texas Tech is not a hard schedule at all.
Thats why the sooners are 4-0 without breaking a sweat. Those are all teams who dink and dunk the football passing. The defense just has to play soft and allow the plays in front of them. You cant be aggressive against any of those offenses, or you'll get burned. the defensive mind set will be different come saturday. Against an all running Texas team, you will see the same "Pin yur ears back" type D from Oklahoma, that youve seen in years past. Count on it.

The only really good team Texas has beaten so far is Arkansas and I'm not affraid to admit that.
And the only reason they came away with a win, is because of a mental mistake the opposing QB made, otherwise, tejas had given the game away.

you saw Adrian Peterson go down to the ground in pain., I think this may affect him just enough to slow him down.
Thats the beauty of it. Adrian isnt even the starter yet. Weve got 3 other capable guys that can be plugged into this offense, and succeed.

Again, OU got OWNED the past 2 games they played against ranked opponents (KSU and LSU) so hopefully Texas can make it 3.
Correction...they got WHOOPED the last 2 games of the season. It was because they had no running game. With NO running game, you can blitz the poop out of the QB. With the qualioty run game that oklahoma brings this year, if you try to blitz on a regular basis, you are gonna get a healthy dose of Adrian Peterson going down the sideline for 6. Its not a 1 dimentional offense like last year.

Either way, it should be a good game. Im impressed that there are some Texicans here who are actually talking x's and O's about this game, instead of beating their chest and talking about "We are Texas."

·
Premium Member
12,196 Posts
OU SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! J/k I just hope this will be a good game were its not over by halftime. and I hope texas kicks some sooners ass. HOOK'EM HORNS

·
M0DERAT0R
19,655 Posts
99BRINGIT said:
You either dont follow College Football, or you are one of those guys who just sees the scores in the paper, and makes an assumption. There was nothing remotely "squeekd" about Saturdays win.
Then did you read that Tech had four turnovers and that OU only won by 15 pts?

99BRINGIT said:
This is probably the first year since about 87 or 88 that Oklahoma has the talent to literally
turn it on, and turn it off anytime they want.
:rolleyes: Then why did they only score 28pts against Tech's "awesome" defense? Hell, even New Mexico scored 27 pts against Tech.

99BRINGIT said:
Saturday will be the first time that they have "turned it on" this season. It could really get ugly.
Yes, it could. :D

·
M0DERAT0R
19,655 Posts
99BRINGIT said:
Im impressed that there are some Texicans here who are actually talking x's and O's about this game, instead of beating their chest and talking about "We are Texas."
Have you read the first post in this thread? Ctrl-H "Texas" for "Oklahoma" and you're describing yourself.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts