DFW 'Stang Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
03GTnonSVT said:
I dont know if yall are still doing this or not but I am in balad and there are about 100 troops in my dorm building that would love to get some care packages. Personally I get stuff from my parents and everything but I know a lot of these guys arent getting anything and I figured it would be nice if I could possibly set something up for them. so if anyone is still doign this lemme know and ill get you a name and address

Ooooh, I wanna help, too!!! I have exhausted the Hurricane Katrina relief efforts here, as most all of the evacuees in Dallas now have alternative housing and are recieving gov't aid and such.

I wasn't ever on the frontlines, but I did a Kuwait tour back in '96, when Camp Doha housed the USAF and we could go to the Marble Palace to relax, but I remember mostly being homesick and DYING to get letters from home.

Someone update me on what the status of this project is???

OC said:
We have weekly GTG's maybe we could use these to gather items for the soldiers who are defending our country right now
WHat is GTG??? (new to this site, won't even have my mustang until Monday, soonest)

Than ks Everyone

·
Registered
6 Posts
I thought GTG was good to go? :D

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Hi me and my wife are both currently in IRAQ right now we are serving on two different FOB's, she is with RCT-5 Marines and i am Attached to an Intel shop and like stated early about grunts and pogs that not exactly true man i have been outside the wire all the damn time and just like the grunts we all work really long hours and dont always have a chance to go to the PX's and when you do all you really want to do is sleep, so watch what ya say man because yes the grunts are out there alot but do come back to base and sleep like the rest. So for you all dont just forget the others because they are not grunts, me myself i have been blessed with a great family who sends what i need but i see others all the time who havent even gotten a package or a single letter, and a really good thing out here to get is phone cards because they charge you out the ass to use the AT&T phone center here to call home. I will be more than pleased to help with address and things to send for the Marines and Saliors out here who need a friend from back home. John

·
Sofa Kingdom
9,335 Posts
Wright_94z28 said:
Hi me and my wife are both currently in IRAQ right now we are serving on two different FOB's, she is with RCT-5 Marines and i am Attached to an Intel shop and like stated early about grunts and pogs that not exactly true man i have been outside the wire all the damn time and just like the grunts we all work really long hours and dont always have a chance to go to the PX's and when you do all you really want to do is sleep, so watch what ya say man because yes the grunts are out there alot but do come back to base and sleep like the rest. So for you all dont just forget the others because they are not grunts, me myself i have been blessed with a great family who sends what i need but i see others all the time who havent even gotten a package or a single letter, and a really good thing out here to get is phone cards because they charge you out the ass to use the AT&T phone center here to call home. I will be more than pleased to help with address and things to send for the Marines and Saliors out here who need a friend from back home. John
PM Blacksnake1996. I'm in Kuwait right now and he sent me and my guys over here a couple of boxes...one was full of goodies and the other was a 53lb box full of magazines...

·
Registered
509 Posts
Right now I am stationed down at Ft. Hood in the 3d ACR. I am scheduled to deploy in late august-early september. I am a 19D Cavalry Scout. Once I get over there, I will be able to be a POC, but until then I have a friend in the 1st Cav who is a front line. He is a Platoon Sgt and his wife is the FRG (Family Readiness Group) leader for his troop. As soon as I get back down to Hood (Jan 1) I will find out his information and he can be a POC. Thank you everyone for your support. Even a note of encouragement is greatly appreciated and is a huge morale booster.

Pv2 Clarke, Daniel C
Crazyhorse Troop
1/3 Armored Cavalry Regiment

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI,
im new to this website as i was just told about it last night, im here cause i have a 66 that im restoring. as far as the care packages, a few thoughts. im in the army and spent a year in iraq in OIFIII. i was also in shield/storm. all those things are good but a bit outdated. while magazines and books never go out of style. we are in the computer age. EVERYONE has a laptop, even hadji. and playstations and gameboy etc. etc. one of the coolest packages my platoon was filled with dvd movies and music cd's. they werent the newest releases but we hadnt seen em. we could buy pirate dvd's at the hadji shop but they sucked, very poor quality. another thing are those 3v batteries. your flashligts both belt worn and weapons mounted use em. your nvgs and other things still use AA tho.
hand sanitizer is real good, you wear gloves , but damn, your hands always feel dirty, specially if ya have to search some guy in his man dress. just a few ideas, hope that helps some.

carter

'SCOUTS OUT'

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wild Stallion said:
Good things to include:
AA batteries
C batteries
D batteries
gatorade packets
Koolade Packets presweetened
vitamins and supplements
chapstick
paperbacks and magazines
comic strips out of the paper
real toilet paper
handi wipes, individual packets are great
letters of support, they really help

Try and send the packages to units that actually see action, don't let the pogues or REMFs get all the good stuff like what happened in Shield/Storm. Do some research and send them to the Tanks, Guns, and really the infantry, they see the worst of the combat, the front line. An example would be Mortars squad Fox company, 2nd Bn., 8th Marine Regiment or 81s platoon Weapons Co. 1st Bn. 8th Marine Regiment. (these are my old units)

I agree, when i was in desert shield/desert storm we got the left overs and sometimes nothing for weeks until they opened a field PX, i was with US Army during this time, but there are soldiers and marines that dont have access to some of this stuff, so folks lets help them out.

Sgt James D. Lamaster
Desert Storm Vet
US Army Retired

·
Premium Member
2,092 Posts
I travel roughly 30 FOBs and FBs in the Afghanistan AO. Most of the ones that I get the pleasure of spending a week or more at are the bases that have only a handful of troops and these guys are the real warriors out here. If you need some addresses I can email my POC's for the basses and get you some solid places to send much needed goods. These guys do not have a PX, burn their own shit, are under water rations for showers and laundry and are the guys putting rounds on bad guys daily.

Care packs are great. I left my main site and forgot my tooth brush and toothpast. Luckily I found some care packs to sort thru and found what I needed.

Some ideas for stuff to send.

single serving candies
travel rolls of T/p
AAA batteries
el cheapo hand held video games
car magazines (we all have tons laying around)
packs of gum
travel sized hygene items, send a dozen of each per box, easier to divide up
ass wipes, plastic containers of baby wipes, same here send a dozen per box
pics of your ladies
just a few ideas

Let me know if you guys can take a paypal donation. You never know I may need another tooth brush and toothpaste again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
They really do help people out.

I appreciated getting them when I was there. You cant go wrong with Kool-aid! Its cheap as hell too.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Operation Care Package is awesome! As a soldier I want to say thank you to everyone who has ever participated in that program. Few things can help improve a soldiers moral then getting mail. And when it is a package with goodies in it.... it's pretty damn nice. Once again thank you! Us soldiers may not always say it... but we love those packages!

·
Premium Member
2,092 Posts
I travel roughly 30 FOBs and FBs in the Afghanistan AO. Most of the ones that I get the pleasure of spending a week or more at are the bases that have only a handful of troops and these guys are the real warriors out here. If you need some addresses I can email my POC's for the basses and get you some solid places to send much needed goods. These guys do not have a PX, burn their own shit, are under water rations for showers and laundry and are the guys putting rounds on bad guys daily.

Care packs are great. I left my main site and forgot my tooth brush and toothpast. Luckily I found some care packs to sort thru and found what I needed.

Some ideas for stuff to send.

single serving candies
travel rolls of T/p
AAA batteries
el cheapo hand held video games
car magazines (we all have tons laying around)
packs of gum
travel sized hygene items, send a dozen of each per box, easier to divide up
ass wipes, plastic containers of baby wipes, same here send a dozen per box
pics of your ladies
just a few ideas

Let me know if you guys can take a paypal donation. You never know I may need another tooth brush and toothpaste again.
Guys, what is the deal here? I have a unit that I just spent 2 weeks with that were great to me the whole time I was stuck there.

I would be willing to send some coin to a paypal account to help finance a bunch of packages.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello my is Daniel and i was born in Dallas tx and my stopping grounds was Mesquite and Garland.. Im in Afghanistan right now and if you still do this it would be great to get some care packe's for my guys...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello my is Daniel and i was born in Dallas tx and my stopping grounds was Mesquite and Garland.. Im in Afghanistan right now and if you still do this it would be great to get some care packe's for my guys...
Hey daniel, my name is heath and i too am in afghanistan right now..where are you at? im in RC South in the arghandab river valley, im with 4th Brigade combat team, 82nd Airborne Division, 1-508th Parachute Infantry Regiment. Alpha company.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brilliant article, a debt of gratitude is in order for assembling this! This is clearly one extraordinary post. By the way if you are interested in our service just click here for details.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts