DFW 'Stang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Hi, my husband is over in Iraq right now. We're out of Fort Hood. 4th I.D.If you would like I could get some information for you. His battalion is right up in the action, 1-67 Armor. They are in Baquaba, Northeast of Baghdad. If there is any information at all you would like me to get I would try and get it for you. By the way the soldiers do still receive packages. People sometimes inspect them but they do send them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
care packages - great idea!!!

yeah that sounds like a great idea. i'd love to send over some goody boxes to soldiers. if anyone gets any addresses of specific soldiers pm me!!! i want to help out too!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey Im on the Uss Roosevelt CVN71. Our a/c carrier is in the yards right now. But i have plenty of friends and family members that are over seas!! I have plenty of address's to our troops in iraq right in the middle of all the action the past couple of weeks.I can give you address's give me a e-mail or call me at 757-224-1688 or cell at 817-658-5247. I good idea is send them phone cards!!! A good way to get on touch with there families. Another way is to set up an e-mail account in there name thru Yahoo. I not on dfwstangs that much anymore so drop me e-mails at [email protected] and include your phone number so i can ge intouch with you.

thanks for what all you guys are doing
Ao3 Baugh Aw/Sw Cvn71 Us Navy

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would like to thank Jami for contacting me and send a soilder a care package. Its more people like Jami that we need in this world to make a better place. Jami thank you for your kindness in times like these!!!!

Ao Baugh Cvn71 Us Navy

·
Registered
45 Posts
Operation Care Package

I would really like to get in on this. I just found out my cousin was shot the other day...and it really made things seem so much clearer. Please pm me or email me a [email protected] or [email protected]tmail.com and let me know what I can do. Also names and addresses of Soliders would be welcome to send letters and personalized care packages to these men and women who may have special needs or may just want something a lil different. Thanks y'all for giving us the oppertunity to help.
And God Bless the men and women of the armed services...Your continued efforts against terrorism is a wonderful blessing to our country and you give this generations children someone brave to look up to.
:) :D :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Re: Operation Care Package

stangsgirl said:
I would really like to get in on this. I just found out my cousin was shot the other day...and it really made things seem so much clearer. Please pm me or email me a [email protected] or [email protected] and let me know what I can do. Also names and addresses of Soliders would be welcome to send letters and personalized care packages to these men and women who may have special needs or may just want something a lil different. Thanks y'all for giving us the oppertunity to help.
And God Bless the men and women of the armed services...Your continued efforts against terrorism is a wonderful blessing to our country and you give this generations children someone brave to look up to.
:) :D :cool:
We tried to start this up when Afghanistan first got going, but had some problems getting addresses etc. So I got with another board member and sent a few packages to a guy I knew who was over there.

I am beginning to think that another website I found is a better idea due to trying to find addresses etc. it is

www.adoptaplatoon.org

·
Registered
87 Posts
I don't know how old this is or if you guys have already sent stuff to the military....but I am currently in Kuwait working directly for the 160th Signal Brigade. I send my teams up north for installations of "stuff". If you guys are still needing addresses feel free to ask. Whatever site you need...I have the address. My current APO is: HHC 160th Sig Bde, APO AE 09366. I will do as much as possible to get these guys anything extra. Right now we aren't allowed to leave the base...so it would be good to get stuff for these guys/gals from anyone and everyone. Definatly helps their moral!!! Here's my e-mail address if you guys are still interested. [email protected].

KEEP UP THE SUPPORT....IT MEANS ALOT TO THE MILITARY HERE!!!

·
duh...duh....duh
9,543 Posts
Iraq - Bagdhad

If ya'll are still sending stuff, I can provide an address for Victory Base - Iraq. It is where I'm at now. I am a contractor but would be more then happy to distribute it to the troops in my area.

Be advised though, that they do get care packages from families and other donors and typically do not write back to say "thanks", due to being busy. Plus, most are too young to realize how much of a pain in the arse it is getting stuff together. Not to mention the S&H costs. :)

Good Items -
Gatorade & Koolaid (sp?)
Coffee - Coffee Creamer (powder) - Coffee Filters
Snacky things (sunflower seeds, chips, cookies, etc..sealed packages though)
Tissues
TP (Not John Wayne)
Baby Wipes
Travel bathroom products (Or trial size stuff)

Well, that is about all I can think of right at the moment. I know the above stuff will get used for sure. Just remember, always sealed packages.

Take care,
Ceyko

·
User may be editing post.
12,013 Posts
send an e-mail to me when its time I'll give them all my back issues of 5.0 magazine, fast ford, and plenty of food.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My first post here, just joined the site I am stationed in California, and just got back from OIF II-1. They are going to be a little busy over the next few days, but I know the unit I was with, they appreciated bulk mail and it was never a problem.

Oh and to the person that said something about pogues and REMF's, you really need to watch your mouth, lot of those REMF's are making sure the frontline guy's are getting the ammo to make those guns and tanks go bang, and I am frontline myself also.

·
Mavs Fan For Life!
2,435 Posts
This idea rules, I would be interested in contributing.

Has anyone thought of going to a recruiting office to see if the guys there have any suggestions on the best way to go about doing somethinglike this?

·
Registered
429 Posts
jefehbk said:
This idea rules, I would be interested in contributing.

Has anyone thought of going to a recruiting office to see if the guys there have any suggestions on the best way to go about doing somethinglike this?

Im really intrested in doing this...anyone can call me at 469-879-9097(erick) i have been wanting to do something but have no idea of where to go. And i really never have time so if someone knows where to go donate something let me know.

Hey do you think its a good idea to send playboy magazines because i know if i was out there playboy would make me forget about the war for atleast a minute???

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would absolutely love to help out with this. :) One of my friends is coming back the beginning of may because of a medical discharge, I'm sure he would greatly appreciate all you are doing.

·
Registered
251 Posts
EW said:
I saw on TV this morning that the US gov is asking citizens to stop sending UNSOLICITED letters and packages. I think this means we need to have a direct person to send stuff to.
Can you elaborate Larry?
if you need a direct contact let me know. i am currently here in iraq and i have about 50 people with me plus an entire motor pool. if you haven't guessed yes i am a mechanic. pm me to get my address and i will gladly pass anything out you send me.

CADE

·
Registered
4 Posts
what the soldiers really need

hello all, if you really wish to help any soldiers, you can go to anysoldier.com and adopt a soldier from the web site, you can see their profiles, and a list of what they need. batteries are not needed, that seemed to be the most commonly listed thing on the site, i am at F.O.B. Marez in Mosul, and we have about 30,000 aaa, 41,000 aa, and tons of kodak 3volts. big things are beef jerky, snacks that are small and can be eaten quick.candy is great, the stuff we get is usually from Turkey, or Syria. we have tons of gum and baby wipes in fact if you need some we will send you boxes full of them.the biggest thing we need is support at home, even a simple letter of thanks goes a long way. i have been here 11 months and some change, i am now awaiting my flight back to Ft. Lewis WA. i get out in sept 06 and will be back in dallas. thanks to you all for the thought and desire to help it makes the job we do worth the price we sometimes pay. Spc. Joseph Cox 1st Bat. 24th infantry regiment 1st brigade 25 infantry division.

·
Certified CRAZY!
4,371 Posts
I disagree. Batteries from the states are sooooo needed. It really depends on where you are and what resource you have available at that particular FOB. If you buy them at the PX they may last a few days or maybe a week.

Duece is correct. The best thing to do is adopt a service member and find out what that particular individuals needs are :)

·
Registered
427 Posts
I dont know if yall are still doing this or not but I am in balad and there are about 100 troops in my dorm building that would love to get some care packages. Personally I get stuff from my parents and everything but I know a lot of these guys arent getting anything and I figured it would be nice if I could possibly set something up for them. so if anyone is still doign this lemme know and ill get you a name and address

21 - 40 of 55 Posts