DFW Mustang Forums banner
681 - 700 of 739 Posts

·
still here
5,885 Posts
momo stallion said:
well if you saw the other thread about me getting a bike soon, here is the result:

2005 Yamaha R6 raven

I saw the bike last Friday and was happy with how clean and stock it was and how well it sounded and rode so I pulled the trigger.

It's all stock minus the Leo Vince carbon fiber can and the undertail kit.

I've put about 100 miles on it and everything feels good. I've already ordered some no cut frame sliders and flush mount turn signals. I'll probably add a set of HIDs and I'll be done.

I've got my Shoei RF-1000 helmet on order along with my Alpinestars mesh jacket.
nice. have always loved that body style of the R6.

·
Registered
73 Posts
89stangGT said:
you're on one of the gsxr sites, huh? I remember seeing that sig on one I've been on. Im a member on gixxer.com and just browse around gsxr.com.

Yeah, can't wait for the exhaust, but now have just realized I'll have to wait till I can afford a pc3/tuning till I can actually put it on. :( bike would run like crap without it I'm guessing, since a full system is getting rid of a lot of crap.
before you get a pc3 you should look at the bazzaZ stuff with the self tuner.just so everytime you change something you don't have to pay to get a dyno tune.

·
Premium Member
18,368 Posts
Riding gear

Guys, I'm taking the plunge this week, and need to know about some gear. Particularly some decent shoes/boots and summer gloves. I'm looking for fuctionality and safety more than fashion and posing. I already look good... ;)

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Vertnut said:
Guys, I'm taking the plunge this week, and need to know about some gear. Particularly some decent shoes/boots and summer gloves. I'm looking for fuctionality and safety more than fashion and posing. I already look good... ;)

Randy, call up to Motoliberty and see if they still have some Setup Boots in stock, for summer gloves I use a Teknic Gauntlet I picked up from Motodepot.com for around $40 or $50.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
1st Bike was a Blue/White 03 GSXR600 rode for three years.
2nd (current) Blue/White 05 GSXR1000 Still Riding.

Everytime i go to the damn bike shop to buy something i always wanna trade it in and get a new one. But i keep telling myself get your ass out of debt first. :( :(

·
Registered
88 Posts
went through kawasaki and got the blue '08 zzr600. bought it this past friday. got on the bike and started trying to learn it saturday. started giving my little boy rides on it later that day. and sunday i was on the highway with it. this thing is a blast. will post pics later.

·
Pushed to the limit
4,510 Posts
Check out this deal...

I sold my Icon helmet on craigslist this weekend. When I met the dude to do the deal, he was on his bike and had two other guys on bikes with him. One of the guys had a white 2006 Hayabusa that he had just purchased for $4000. The guy he got it from bought it on a credit card for $12K and within two years had lost everything including his house due to bad financial planning.

·
Keep your unicorns
12,421 Posts
Makes about as much sense as the $403.76 homes they advertise on TV during soap operas now.

Show me a free and clear title on the bike and a bill or sale showing the $4,000 price paid and I'll believe it. If it were true why wouldn't he sell it for market value and double his money?

·
Pushed to the limit
4,510 Posts
BP said:
Makes about as much sense as the $403.76 homes they advertise on TV during soap operas now.

Show me a free and clear title on the bike and a bill or sale showing the $4,000 price paid and I'll believe it. If it were true why wouldn't he sell it for market value and double his money?
Maybe he saw a deal that he may never be able to get again on a bike he wants to keep.

I personally would have tried to flip it immediately and maybe double my money but then again, I don't ride.

I am not saying it's true. All I am saying is I saw a guy on a Busa who claims to have gotten it for a song with two guys backing his story.

·
Rolling with the homies
43,268 Posts
Definitely try the gear out for fit and comfort. I've bought stuff online without trying it out and either got something that wouldn't fit or something that wasn't what I expected. Motoliberty is hands down the best place to buy gear locally IMO. They do a lot for the sport with the various things they organize and I try and support them every chance I get.

Gonna have to hit us up for a group ride when you are ready Randy.

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #694 ·
Doug Hatton said:
Not a very extensive list at all! First bike was a '92 Kawasaki Ninja EX250... GREAT gas mileage and first bike just to learn on. Kept it for about a year then sold it. About 12 years later I bought my '03 ZX6R. Kept it for about a year and a half and now the '06 GSXR 600.

I have worked for a bike shop for a couple of yrs so got to drive alot of diffrent bikes, granted they wern't mine. I have been riding since 83 and those are the bikes that I have purchased/ traded. I don't think I can remeber every bike I've ridin. The Gs and the Gpz ninja were my favorites, the gixxewr would of been one but went road surffing for 690 ft on it. :( ( cooks lane to eastchase prkwy)

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Anyone with 4 wheeler...

want to go ride at an MX track sometime? I've been wanting to go see if I can make one lap without killing myself.

I think Boyd and Shady Grove let quads on their track. If you know of any others....

·
Registered
603 Posts
congrats on the new bike. I have about 2500 miles on my 07 and have loved every one. good luck and be safe.

·
Banned
2,066 Posts
Congrats, Sharp looking bike.

·
dead
14,611 Posts
evil jose said:
Looks good Momo!
thanks jose. we will have to ride some day soon.
any suggestions on what to do with the licence plate light? i need a housing to put the bulb since mine just kinda hangs there. i'll have to post pics on what im talking about when i get home.

Cooter said:
I keep opening this thread just to look at those pics again...

I want one!
do it forrest, you know you have wanted a bike for a long time!

681 - 700 of 739 Posts