DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
21,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some freakin' reason I'm at a loss here. Which, btw, is very odd.

My dad has his 70th birthday coming up next month.

We've already reserved the party room at his favorite Messican rest., convinced all the out of town brothers they better have their ass there or I would hunt them down and kill them. All the friends have been called and confirmed. I purchased plane tickets for two high school buddies to come in from out of town (Present number 1).

I got him the front page of the NY Times from his birth date framed and waiting (present number 2).

I've arranged the sons to take dad out for lunch the day before the birthday shindig, as just dad and the boys (I would, personally, take him to a strip joint in a limo, but, well I'm dealing with some that think strip clubs are the debil) So it will probably be some place like Hooters and a limo around town to some different pubs. (present number 3)

My bro' had my mom gather up all those little mementos from his past, pictures, high school ring, college ring, USMC dog tags, pics from the Korean War, etc. and we are making him a shadow box to put in his office. (present number 4)

Unfortunately, although I'm still hopeful, my BIG suprise for him was tickets for the Superbowl down in Houston (he lives in Houston). I think any male that lives in the US deserves at least one Superbowl in his life. I don't think they are going to make it. I've already spent $500 (face value) for two tickets together, but it doesn't look like its happening (I'll get my money back). I have a connection or two or three at the Cowboys organization, but the NFL has been clamping down on tickets due to tickets making their way to e-bay. (present number 4-1000)

Other than the proverbial stripper showing up mid-party, any other suggestions in case the Superbowl is out of the question.

·
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
21,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GE said:
Why is the SB out?

Don't you need a limo driver? ;)
I was willing to pay face on the tickets. Each team gets x number of tickets. But, for whatever reason, the NFL is being really strict about allowing teams to use their discretion on where they go. Also, I think Jerry is pushing this new stadium thing, so the tickets are, well, going to people that can influence the building of it. So, us normal peons, don't get the option this year.

LOL on the limo driver. I'll need your full driving record up through today.

It's down in Houston, you'd be expensive. Although a limo ride from Dallas to Houston sounds like a good idea! Beats Southwest!

·
STILL EVIL!!
5,900 Posts
You could always do the fake cop stripper thing. Have them pull over the limo while you are out and give a special frisk :D

·
Premium Member
32,085 Posts
LOL! When I'm in the limo, it's all business! ;)

We drove Sarah Brightman from Dallas to Houston last week, why not the old man? Or should I say... group of old men? :p :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts