DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· I am a Motherfucker
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I REALLY HATE to do this......
But, I've decided to put the cpbra up for sale. Is this a good IDEA?? Ive got about 50 grand it, and I still have all the reciepts.
EVERYTHING in the car has been replaced with a few exceptions.
It's in cherry condition and has about 800 hp with the N.O.S.
The new 347 has about 500 miles and 2 track passes with no N.O.S. It has the performance automatic with reverse valve body, live lock amd brake.
HOW MUCH SHOUD I ASK FOR MY 1993 cobra? 64,000 miles

· Registered
2,332 Posts
I think you would be hard pressed to get anything near what u put into it, it is a shame, it is apparently a badass car but the market for people buying bad to the bone hot rod cars is small

I have no clue what u could ask $20K????

· I am a Motherfucker
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking 20. But who in their right mind would pay 20g's for something that they could NEVER drive on the street? With some small work, you could get it street legal, but emmisions NO WAY! It runs on 116.:D :(
Im thinking about putting it in some ads in California.
You KNOW some rich bastard will like it.:confused: :D

· I am a Motherfucker
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All it really does is Look pretty and sit in the garage.
I start it up for all the cute honeys to get 'em wet.;)

· Premium Member
15,928 Posts
the only way you may be able to get anymoney for it is to put the efi back in it, and put a used shortblock in it, and sell the car, and the parts seperatly.

Spend a couple thou, and get it back to stock, and then you could get 10-12 for the car, and 10-12 for all your parts.

· I am a Motherfucker
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DarkPony said:
the only way you may be able to get anymoney for it is to put the efi back in it, and put a used shortblock in it, and sell the car, and the parts seperatly.

Spend a couple thou, and get it back to stock, and then you could get 10-12 for the car, and 10-12 for all your parts.
OH MY GOD! Thats all you think I can get?!?!?!?:( Not even 15 as is???

· Premium Member
15,928 Posts
FunFordCobra said:
OH MY GOD! Thats all you think I can get?!?!?!?:( Not even 15 as is???

Well if the car is in as good of shape as you say it is, I have never seen it but in the dark, so its hard to say, but if the car was totally bone stock, and in imaculate shape, ya, you prolly could pull 15k for just the car. Bone stock that is.

· I am a Motherfucker
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You guys are making me think.......fuck some 23's and keep the cobra. I just cant take it like that!:( ;)

· 98 SVT Cobra
5,088 Posts
Why would you want to sell a car that you put all that time and money into for less then half of what it is worth? You should keep it.

· I am a Motherfucker
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just see myself sinking more and more money in it. Plus I want some 23's for my yukon.:eek: ;)

· Custom Title
16,584 Posts
FunFordCobra said:
I just see myself sinking more and more money in it. Plus I want some 23's for my yukon.:eek: ;)
OK, I guess I can trade 'ya some 23's for the Cobra...:D
Don't sell it just for that reason. I did that a while back with a car and a jet ski. Ended up buying both of them again (different/newer models), but I kick myself everytime I think about it.

· Registered
2,476 Posts
KEEP IT! You will miss her!

I think you would be hard pressed to get what it's worth. I love
the 93's but could not afford one. My 98 was cheaper than most
93's and don't even try and get a bank to finance a 93. I think
they give you like 2 years to pay off anything older than 5 years.

· I am a Motherfucker
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your advice advice helps alot beacause I really dont want to sell her. But, I only drove it about 2 times every year at the rate things are going now plus I pay 3 bills amonth for insurance.:) :(

· Custom Title
16,584 Posts
FunFordCobra said:
Your advice advice helps alot beacause I really dont want to sell her. But, I only drove it about 2 times every year at the rate things are going now plus I pay 3 bills amonth for insurance.:) :(
Isn't there some insurance you can get for cars you hardly ever drive that is a lot cheaper? I thought I heard someone talking about it once. I think they have to drive less than 3K miles a year, but the rates were like waaaay cheap, and it sounds you drive less than 3K a year! Something to look into, but don't sell inless you absolutely have too!

· I am a Motherfucker
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
STANGGT40 said:
i'll give ya $2,500.00 cash today.;)
Move the comma over to the right take the decimal point off and drop a zero and I'll holla at 'cha.:D

· Premium Member
2,501 Posts
I'm sorry to say this but I think you are a fool to sell that car for some bling on the yukon. Looks like it's already bling enough. If worse comes to worse... sell off your parts to buy your bling and put your cobra back to stock, put a car cover on it, and park it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.