DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95gt with 373's. Its ok but I really want 4.10's, but I stumbled across some 4.30's and got those. The car will be turbocharged with in the next year or so, but untill then I was thinking of throwing these 4.30's in. what do you guys say?

·
Get Some!! Get some!!
3,985 Posts
since were on the subject, I am planning on going w/supercharger would 410's be too much.

·
Old Timer
4,027 Posts
Xavren said:
since were on the subject, I am planning on going w/supercharger would 410's be too much.
Too much. With 3.55 gears I'm near red line (4th gear) at the end of the 1/4 with a supercharger. I've been thinking about going with 3.27 gears.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
You gear a car according to torque, weight, and RPM range.

Turbocharged cars usually have a huge, flat torque curve so they don't rely on gear to get them into an operational RPM range. Just a guess, but 4.30s are going to be ridiculous in the turbo Mustang. The car will drive right through it's power peak and be much slower than if it had a set of 3.55s or even 3.27/2.73s. I think bsharer went to 2.73s so his car could trap a decent MPH without overrevving using a C4. It didn't affect his ET at all.

·
Get Some!! Get some!!
3,985 Posts
Dacotua said:
Too much. With 3.55 gears I'm near red line (4th gear) at the end of the 1/4 with a supercharger. I've been thinking about going with 3.27 gears.
Damn that low huh!.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
will be running a t67 with 3.27's when the time comes. someone on this board gave these to me for FREE and I figured I would throw them in.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lmao. my car is NA! forget I said I was going to turbo it in a year lol. hey Evil we should trade decklids man. lmk

·
Premium Member
12,196 Posts
Sell them to me. are they brand new

·
Premium Member
12,196 Posts
BAD RELIGION said:
lol, I'm probably going to put them in. no they are used
Damnit you dont want to do that you wont like them :p Well if you change your mind Im still looking. But more then likely Im going to buy some new ones :)

·
Ya Dats my Wifey!!!
5,806 Posts
4.10's is the way to go!!! IMO.....

·
Premium Member
16,774 Posts
Ive got 4.30's n/a, when its time for the turbo, just yank them and put the 3.27's in. Easy as that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts