November 2002 Car of the Month

13K views 53 replies 40 participants last post by  ASC#421 
#1 · (Edited)
Nick Mashek's 1993 Cobra
(99_lightning)

#4076 of 4993

Vibrant Red with grey leather interior

Modifications:

Current mods include a Vortech S-Trim SuperCharger, Anderson Powerpipe, 42lb Injectors, Cartech Adjustable fuel pressure regulator, 80MM Pro-M MAF Sensor, MSD boost retard and 6AL ignition, 1/3" Mac Long Tube Headers and 2.5" H-pipe through flowmaster mufflers, 3:55 gears, Ford Racing Pressure Plate, Tremec 3550 Tranny with a Pro-5.0 Shifter, Aluminun Drive Shaft, TA Girdle, Custom Sub Frame Connectors, Wolf Sway Bar, Wolf Upper and Lower Control Arms, Ford Racing "C" Springs, Autometer Phantom, Fuel PSI, Boost, and A/F Ratio Gauges with a shift light. A pair of Nitto 555R 275-40-17 Tires mounted on the stock rear rims. 5% Limo Tint, Amber Fog Lights, Pioneer CD Player, Audio Art 100 Watt Amp with an 8" Rockford Fosgate Sub in the hatch.

The last time the car was dynod (without the Anderson Power Pipe) it made 405 RWHP and 400 FT Lbs of Torque. This is awesome power since the Intake, Heads, and Cam or 100% original and have never even been taken off the car (only the upper intake to install the injectors).

Nick's Bio:

When I was a kid, I always wanted a mustang. So, I started saving when I was 13. When I was 16 I bought my first Mustang, an '89 Maroon LX Hatchback 4cyl. Back then, everybody was into Stereo Stuff so that's what I concentrated on. Not too long after owning the car and filling it with speakers and amps, people started asking me if that was a "5.0?" or if I "wanted to race." It didn't take me long to realize that If I wanted to be the cool kid on campas, then I needed to get a 5.0. I quickly started saving every paycheck and working two jobs so I could buy a car with some nuts. Finally, my Senior year ('95) I purchased a black 1993 Theft Recovery Cobra. The first day I picked it up I was almost scared of the power (keep in mind I was used to bogged down 4 cyclinders.) Not too long after that, I blew the clucth and visited the closest mustang shop "5.0's For Real." That's where I ran into Jeff Taylor (Co-Owner.) Jeff and I quickly started different combinations, heads, cams, Nitrous, 351W, C4- just to name a few. I was hooked....every $$ I had or made went into my Mustang...It was a sport, a hobby, and an addiction!

I sold the car in '98 because it just got too expsensive and I've had many different mustangs since.

Just to name a few-
2 '93 Cobras (Black and Red)
1 '85 GT
1 '92 GT
1 '89 LX Hatch (5.0 Converted)
1 '88 5.0 Coupe
1 '91 Coupe

I currently own a Vibrant Red '93 Cobra, my 1st Mustang '89 LX hatch - 5.0 conversion, '99 Lightning, '02 Yamaha YZF-R6 Bike

See less See more
#12 ·
Thanks guys..

The handle is a stock mustang handle but on a Pro-5.0 Shifter (Needed more leverage for the Tremec 3550 when it was new)

The knob is a stock 2000 Leather Cobra Knob. I bought it on Ebay for like $30.00. I think FRPP Sells them too.

#23 ·
:eek: Man I haven't heard the name "5.0's For Real" in forever. I bought Jeff's red '90 "5.0's For Real" coupe off of him in mid '96 and still own it, thats it in my sig. He's a cool dude, I kept in contact with him for a long time, but I haven't talked to him in a couple of years. Do you still talk to him, if you do will you let me know how to get a hold of him. NICE CAR!! by the way.

Jeremy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.