DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting killed by my Insurance premiums .... anyone have a copy and or policy for a "pleasure" car that is not daily driven? If so what is your cost and who should I contact? OR does anyone have the name of a agent who is "INTO CARS?"

·
'03 Racer
1,069 Posts
My Cobra is my "non-daily drive" and I still pay around $1300 a year for insurance on it. This is even with me telling them that it will be driven under XXXXX miles per year (cant remember the exact number). I have one ticket on my record which should hopefully be going away soon.

·
Im somebody's daddy!
12,567 Posts
We used to have USAA. We had the fairmont listed as a pleasure car. The discount was only about 25% though. We have Progressive right now and the fairmont is still listed that way. We pay $203 for liability on it and $281 for the convertible. So almost a 30% discount.

Hope that helps. I have a really bad driving record with wrecks too.

Carrie

·
Custom Title
16,584 Posts
I've heard of several places offering this type of insurance, one in Florida someone I saw at Speedtek told me about, but I forgot the name of it. Here is one I found on th web, but they are out there, and for less than what we pay these "Name brand" insurance companies like Progressive or State Farm.
http://www.lelandwest.com/index.cfm

·
Banned
10,339 Posts
I have GEICO and my Impala is classified as a "pleasure vehicle" since it is not driven daily (I only put 2-3K on it a year). I don't think they have any mileage limitations as long as it is not your primary transportation.

If I remember right my rate dropped about 60% on the Impala, but I also have my 00 CRV and 92 Chevy truck insured with them.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
If your car is rated pleasure leave it that way. You have to pay more if it rated work.. With it being rated pleasure they look at it as if you don't drive it as much as youe would if it was rated work.. They do not go by miles or anything like that.

I have my car rated a pleasure and I drive it all the time.

Stephanie :D

·
The Decent Guy
7,984 Posts
I have farmers insurance and I have a 91 Lx listed as my daily, even though it is my pleasure car, and an 02 gt that is listed as my pleasure car. I have full coverage on both and pay around 300 a month, with pip, uninsured, etc.... My agent has a C5 and in his office he has a lot of pics of classic muscle cars so he hooked me up.

His name is Christopher Beardon. In Arlington off of little rd.

Also I have a class b ticket on my record and one wreck so that is why I pay so much.

chris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.