DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out and bought a 4.6er. had a five-o. Lets just say i no nothing about these new motors. Parts are outrageous for em. Planning on a bottle. Has any one had any problems with that and what kind of et drops. New motor with 20k. Mac coldair,prochamber and catback,373s. Thats it. LMN

·
Registered
938 Posts
We have a nitrous kit we use on those cars. With your mods, slicks, 125 shot, and some good driving it will be in the 11's. We have done the same combo numerous times and it runs 11's.

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
you sholul buy my steeda underdrive pulleys 96-01(they were on my 00GT.)
They retail for $180, Ill let you have them for $ 90, and you come pick them up...pm me if you need my # :cool:

·
FIRE!
2,028 Posts
slo95.0 said:
after talking to manny about a 4.6, you would be wasting your time talking to anyone else.

I'll second that motion.

also If I were you I would get a timing adjuster so you can bump it down a lil and get a window switch for your kit.(trust me on that I wish I had one)

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
I have a NOS 5116 Dry kit. Works with stock tune. I went form 260rwhp/300rwtq to 367rwhp/517rwtq with a .59 jet @ 1000 psi with stock tune with an A/F ratio of 10:1 so there is room to grow. Instructions are great and very easy to follow. I installed it myself in a few hours. Kit also comes with all the safety gear like a window switch, fuel pressure safety switch and wide open throttle switch. You would need a purge kit. I also recomend a remote opener, bottle warmer and possably an 1100psi shut off switch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts