DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
18,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you're reading this you've probably read my other post.. i need to get the car home, it's at a friend's house.

gonna replace the eec relay tomorrow.. if that doesn't work is it possible to just bypass all the fuel pump relay shit... just cut and splice into the fuel pump wiring and make my own switch?

could i wire it straight into my acc on the fuse box?

if i run a switch then i need it to be fuse protected.. what size fuse? 15, 25, 30?


thanks, brien
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
18,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update:

- new ignition switch
- all fusable links are working properly
- new fuel pump relay
- eec relay is clicking, so i'm guessing it's working



the fuel pump relay has power coming in at the red/orange wire.. but the pink wires have no power

any advice?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,152 Posts
Brien, ive got a "new" relay from a parts place, and it kicked my ass for 2 days till i put a known working one in. Ended up being bad/wrong relay even tho it fit and was new.
 

·
600 plus a few
Joined
·
7,278 Posts
JimD said:
Brien, ive got a "new" relay from a parts place, and it kicked my ass for 2 days till i put a known working one in. Ended up being bad/wrong relay even tho it fit and was new.
the new relay he put in was tested in my car and it worked. its perfectly fine
 

·
Rookie
Joined
·
14,219 Posts
skidmark said:
update:

- new ignition switch
- all fusable links are working properly
- new fuel pump relay
- eec relay is clicking, so i'm guessing it's working



the fuel pump relay has power coming in at the red/orange wire.. but the pink wires have no power

any advice?
That is exactly what happened to me.
You have a bad ground wire somewhere. Did you find the black wire with the green stripe on it?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
18,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GRAYHORSE said:
That is exactly what happened to me.
You have a bad ground wire somewhere. Did you find the black wire with the green stripe on it?

no i did not, but every ground in the engine bay looks to be correctly grounded.

i bypassed the tan/lt green wire on the fuel pump relay which is a ground from the computer and made my own ground.

the fuel pump turns on when it's suppose to, but the car will still not start.
 

·
Rookie
Joined
·
14,219 Posts
skidmark said:
no i did not, but every ground in the engine bay looks to be correctly grounded.

i bypassed the tan/lt green wire on the fuel pump relay which is a ground from the computer and made my own ground.

the fuel pump turns on when it's suppose to, but the car will still not start.
Well, it only makes sence that the other wire needs to be grounded still...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
18,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GRAYHORSE said:
Well, it only makes sence that the other wire needs to be grounded still...

that is true, but now when i bypass the ground, the pump turns on and whines..

but no fuel is coming out. i disconnected the fuel line from the fuel filter and nothing is coming out at all
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top