DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
The Janitor
16,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, im suprised. Looks like this team gots their heads on straight. Our team was pretty unfocused. Next week i think they go on ESPN for their games. The coach isnt going to be in high school football for long, as im sure he wants to go on to a VERY high paying college gig.

How are your high school teams doing this year?

·
Scared s**tless
15,056 Posts
ryan, you're a fucking ******. That is all.

·
I'm Yer Huckleberry
3,773 Posts
I'm sure Denton Ryan will give them a run for their money

·
The Janitor
16,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SLO SVO said:
ryan, you're a fucking ******. That is all.

you are just mad because they didnt make pads small enough to fit you, ankle-biter!

Denton ryan is looking solid. They should force the carroll team to put up or shut up. I think Dodge is up to the task, lets see if the players can bow up for the big game.

·
Scared s**tless
15,056 Posts
nah, i am just laughing because you care about highschool football. virgin.

·
Marcus Aurelius
4,249 Posts
32VfromHell said:
Wow, im suprised. Looks like this team gots their heads on straight. Our team was pretty unfocused. Next week i think they go on ESPN for their games. The coach isnt going to be in high school football for long, as im sure he wants to go on to a VERY high paying college gig.

How are your high school teams doing this year?
They've been that way for nearly 2 weeks now. You just now noticing??

·
Turn Your Swag On!
1,707 Posts
I think they'll have what it takes to beat Denton Ryan. They'll probably end up at State again. Not sure if they'll win after the shit they pulled last year, but it'll be interesting to see. And Dodge is going to be around for another 4 years. Riley, his son, is in 8th grade (I think) and he's staying until he graduates.

·
Television taste funny
3,249 Posts
Southlake vs Denton Ryan is going to be on ESPN 10/14. They had to move the game to Thursday night.

I think Denton is going to win this one.

·
CFH
9,579 Posts
Ryan, it helps when half the team is on steroids.

·
Old School
4,683 Posts
Kaji said:
Ryan, it helps when half the team is on steroids.
yup.

also have to give credit to thier coach. I went to the game they played againt Plano East (where I went). It definitely looked like each player on that team knew exactly where he needed to be on any given play...thats good coaching.

·
Registered
471 Posts
i use to go to southlake but i moved to keller for my senior year, cheaper house.
never really cared for football but when i moved to keller i was kind of dissapointed about our football team.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Permian was well on there way to being 5-0....until they got beat down by a freaking Lubbock Monterrey squad!! Looks like Midland Lee is still the team to beat in our area. They have put it to Euless Trinity, Dallas Kimball, and Port Arthur Memorial...but couldnt get passed Southlake in week 1. As a side note....Daniels' (QB @ Southlake Carroll) father grew up and went to high school and college right here in Midland/Odessa. Dammit...why couldnt he have just stayed around...we could've used his son.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Southlake's coach gets paid close to or over $100k/year . . . he better be producing a #1 team for that much money . . . but then again, I know that a lot of Southlake parents donated a sh*t load to his salary when he was thinkin of changing schools . . .

·
98 SVT Cobra
5,109 Posts
I am probably the only one around here that watches private schools. I follow American Heritage in Carrollton. They are currently ranked 3rd in the state amoung the 2A schools with a 3-1 record. This past week our running back rushed for 360 yards with 7 TDs. I believe they have a very high probability of going to the big dance this year.

On a side note, my daughter is one of the trainers for Plano East and they got their butts kicked a couple of weeks ago by Southlake.

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
HS football across the rest of the country must be a little off this year if Southlake has managed to get in at #1 and Denton Ryan is also nationally ranked. Neither are bad teams, but compared to some of the years past it's just not near as strong around here as it once was.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts