DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Turbobrooks
16,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll scan the dyno chart tomorrow or monday.... but there is one peak number of merit:

702 rwtq! :D

ACT dropped to 77 degrees, which was ambient. The torque peak is at 5600 rpm and the horsepower peak is at 6300+.

I did lose 4 pounds of boost. I'm only running 17 now instead of the old 21.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
DAMN:eek:

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Where are the newer pics of the motor?

·
Along for the ride
7,029 Posts
congrats andrew. that is flat out awesome. post the graph when you get a chance. when are you goin back to the track?

marcus

·
The Janitor
16,424 Posts
StangTamer said:
+70rwtq is awsome!! How come the boost dropped?
more flow= less air needs to be compressed . Same goes to when you put a good flowing exaust on, you will gain power but loose boost. Even i know that :)

·
If the shoe fits......
5,406 Posts
32VfromHell said:
more flow= less air needs to be compressed . Same goes to when you put a good flowing exaust on, you will gain power but loose boost. Even i know that :)
Ummm, NO. Its called added a restriction in the intake track. IE intercooler. So he is only seeing 17# in the intake. He still has the same pulleys that produced 21#. So even though he lost 4# of boost. He still gained 65ftlbs of peak torque and ???hp at peak. However you are correct that he will probably see less boost again with a bigger exhaust.( and more HP).

·
Merry HoHo
32,791 Posts
NDSP said:
Ummm, NO. Its called added a restriction in the intake track. IE intercooler. So he is only seeing 17# in the intake. He still has the same pulleys that produced 21#. So even though he lost 4# of boost. He still gained 65ftlbs of peak torque and ???hp at peak. However you are correct that he will probably see less boost again with a bigger exhaust.( and more HP).
also he is getting signal from the under side of the intercooler. if he puts a port on the top side of it, he will most likely see an increase in pressure there.

·
IA2
22,413 Posts
NDSP said:
Wouldn't it also have something to do with the cooler air taking less space (ie: less pressure) in the intake after being cooled? Or is the boost measured before the intercooler :confused:

At any rate those #'s are awesome. Can't wait to see what that thing will do on the track once the glitches are worked out.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Congrats Andrew,

I know you have been working hard and investing alot of time and money on that stang and it is paying off!! I cant wait to see what you run at the track:)

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Andrew did you get the idle squared away? I talked to Mike Wilson last night. It's nothing personal I'm just trying to help the nitrous guys out. You and AL P are setting the standard for the blower cars. Good job.

·
The Janitor
16,424 Posts
NDSP said:
basically James you just said the same message i was trying to get across, but in different words.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts