DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 gt with some serious issues. they began with check engine light coming on after installing bbk offroad h-pipes. i assumed this was just the o2 sensors since the cats were removed. recently my car has had dificulty idoling, and smells extremely rich. within the past week or two my gas milage has gone down to around 8miles/gal. the cars is almost all stock except for exhaust and mac cold air intake. i had the car hooked up to test the check engine code and it could not get a reading. the shop said that it could be my computer going bad. if anyone has had similar problems, or knows the solution, please let me know, and if it is the computer, what would you recomend aftermarket? i have many plans or more upgrades for the car, so i'll want a decent computer to run it right. thnx

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
My car has the same problem. I have a mac off road h pipe and used to have a mac cai but took it off. I had a chip burned for it and went away for a while but now it's back. I have no idea what could be causing it but it's making my car run like crap with no power at all.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
i'm still getting power, just not below 2500-3k rpm. i upgraded suspension for better launch and it's almost like i get too much for the motor and it's bogged down. as long as i have good rpm's she runs alright, but 8mi/gal on a fuel injected engine is simply wrong. and it can't idol for more than a few minutes without stalling out. the scent of gas is overpowering.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts