DFW Mustang Forums banner

641 - 660 of 676 Posts

·
老师
Joined
·
12,120 Posts
MattB said:
$6k for a 250cc supermoto? :rolleyes: No thanks!
i'll wait to buy one used... supermotos seem to have horrible resale value. it DOES look alot better than the drz in my opinion and it alot lighter, but the drz is a 400 and has a ton of mods out for it already, and is in the same ballpark price range.

edit: plus i think the new white color scheme would be dead sexy with a black seat and no stickers...

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,251 Posts
$leepyLx said:
i didnt think there was a wr450x, is the 450 fuel injected?
I don't think there is...yet. I'm sure it's on its way though. I'm surprised that they didn't come out with a 450X first. Yamaha doesn't have a Fuel injected dirt bike out right now but I bet they will within the next couple of years.

BTW $6k for that bike seems reasonable considering the price tag for the regular WR250F dirtbike is $6400
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,409 Posts
OC said:
I have a plate that mounts to the Exhaust Bolt and places it in plain sight above the Exhaust, I got it from Longhorn Harley.
Mine is similar but it's on the left (belt) side of the frame, just in front of the rear footpeg. No issues with Law Enforcement yet.
 

·
Loves the Haterz!!
Joined
·
12,228 Posts
i got mine stuck on the swingarm.....like right on it..cops have never had a problem with it stuck there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
mines on the swing arm never had a problem with the police, my neighbor is a cop and has a bike his is on the swingarm also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
Neiladin said:
i'll wait to buy one used... supermotos seem to have horrible resale value. it DOES look alot better than the drz in my opinion and it alot lighter, but the drz is a 400 and has a ton of mods out for it already, and is in the same ballpark price range.

edit: plus i think the new white color scheme would be dead sexy with a black seat and no stickers...

i am going to find a drz. there's no replacement for displacement. i weigh damn near 200lbs. Idk if i will buy one new that is alot of money when i can get a modded used one for $2k cheaper
 

·
老师
Joined
·
12,120 Posts
$leepyLx said:
i am going to find a drz. there's no replacement for displacement. i weigh damn near 200lbs. Idk if i will buy one new that is alot of money when i can get a modded used one for $2k cheaper
yeah i'm not saying i would buy one new but a white/black theme would look good. i would probably try to find an 05/06 one with low miles for decently cheap, i have seen them going for as low as 3000-3500 on ebay and craigslist.
 

·
still here
Joined
·
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #656
stunter bob said:
i got mine stuck on the swingarm.....like right on it..cops have never had a problem with it stuck there.
never been pulled over for them not seeing it when behind you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,702 Posts
evil jose said:
<---- Shakes head

I don't even feel comfortable riding around an empty parking lot without my helmet on :(

tell me about it, I used to run to 7-11 down the street or to go check the mail without my helmet, now I wont even get on the thing without the full faced helmet strapped on tight.
 

·
600 plus a few
Joined
·
7,278 Posts
evil jose said:
I don't give any extra excuses to get pulled over. Mine is on a frame below my license plate.
AFAIK they cant pull you over for not having your inspection under your plate. Just because they cant see it, doesnt mean you dont have it. A cop following a car cant see the car's inspection. Why is a bike any different?
 
641 - 660 of 676 Posts
Top