DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
IA2
22,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
7.45 @ 92, 1.65 60'

Best previous was a 7.56.

Slow, but i'm still chipping away, tweaking what i've got :)

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
Not bad at all Mike! If you keep getting that much faster everytime you go out, you won't want to build another motor :D

·
IA2
22,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SLOW 77 said:
Not bad at all Mike! If you keep getting that much faster everytime you go out, you won't want to build another motor :D
I'm starting to run out of ideas for this combo :( But I still do have a few left to try :D

·
Darkside
20,120 Posts
Good job Mike... :cool: Nice numbers....I will never see those times :(

·
IA2
22,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I was shocked when that happened. Apparently the motor likes heat. I had heated it up waiting to stage, and then did a burnout. They needed to clean up the starting line so I had to shut it off. Once the cleanup was done I backed up and did another burnout. The temp gauge was climbing and climbing....... :eek: and I was at 230 at the end of the run. Got the best 60' (1.63) and best ET (7.42) on that run. Go figure.

·
Premium Member
16,774 Posts
your car surprises me every time, considering you have not changed the combo much since you first set it up back in the day.

cant wait to see what it does with the new setup.

·
Hamilton Racing Ownz U
10,712 Posts
mikeb said:
7.45 @ 92, 1.65 60'

Best previous was a 7.56.

Slow, but i'm still chipping away, tweaking what i've got :)
Nice new times Mike, we should run next time we both get out!

I am hoping for some 7.3-7.4 with the new exhaust and Welds, went 7.7 last time on 17"s.

·
IA2
22,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
StangTamer said:
Good job Mike! Now throw the goodies on it. ;)
This may actually be in progress soon :)

Unfortunately, it'll have to be a "medium" effort due to lack of dinero. Probably will go with H beam rods, stock crank, new pistons (or reuse the old ones if I can get away with it), hard block, two bolt mains with studs, and the existing hyd cam I have now with 1.65 rockers. Later on I can bump up to a better cam. Maybe a little spray. Not super fast, but I _think_ 6's should be doable N/A with the hyd cam. Maybe not :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts