DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its About Diesel.... My Bro. Was Changing Some Injectors On His Pwr.stroke And I Think It Was My Dad That Left The Key On .... So The Cyl. Got Filled With Diesel... The Truck Just Wont Turn Completely....it Feels Like If It Got Locked Up.... Does Any Body Have Any Idea Of What Might Of Happened????? Or Can Ya'll Help ... We Dont Have Much Experience With Diesel..... 214-243-7857 Tony.... Please Call If You Know Anything We Need To Get This Thing Running.... Thanks In Advanced... :)

·
Loves the Haterz!!
12,228 Posts
o that sux u just turned that diesel motor into a diesel pump
only way i know to fix that is to try to siphon out the diesel in each cylinder thru the glowplug hole...ur gonna need a small hose thats all i can tell u to try

·
Banned
31,758 Posts
ccst stang said:
o that sux u just turned that diesel motor into a diesel pump
only way i know to fix that is to try to siphon out the diesel in each cylinder thru the glowplug hole...ur gonna need a small hose thats all i can tell u to try
remove the glow plug or injector and slowly turn the motor over and pump the fuel out the hole.

probably want to change your oil too just to be safe.

Forrest

·
duh...duh....duh
9,543 Posts
Cooter said:
remove the glow plug or injector and slowly turn the motor over and pump the fuel out the hole.

probably want to change your oil too just to be safe.

Forrest
This should work.....I agree. Had to do the same when I drown a humvee once. Never ran the same afterwards though. However, this case may be different since it sounds like the engine was not under load when it happened.

Take care,

·
Banned
31,758 Posts
yeah, you probably bent a rod on that Hummer. everything SHOULD be fine on the powerstroke once you get that diesel out of there.

Forrest

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks got it all out.....way out... it spilled everyone with diesel all over us and it went like a good 20-25ft. up in the air... it was a good sign that told us it had goodfuckin compression.... Now does anyone know where i can get good injectors cheap....??? probably need like atleast 5 for now... 3 are messed up in the 97' and 2 on the 99' .... atleast thats what the scanner read... oh... one more thing i need a 7.3L. old style diesel for my 90' f-350... i need a good running truck....asap....thanks guys i really needed your help...

·
4 STAGES BIG N' DRY
7,159 Posts
If you have been running those power strokes on extended oil change intervals ie 5-10k+, the oil break's down and carbon build up begins to occur, and clogs the tips of the injectors. Flush the engine with an engine flush, to cut the carbon build up in the motor and see if that doesn't fix your injector problem before you go drop change on those exspensive injectors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts