6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we are factoring polynomials and im stuck on one

2x©ú-5x-7

©ú=2 which in turn means squared

·
Turn Your Swag On!
1,707 Posts
(x+1)(2x-7) I think that's it....although it is 1 in the morning... Good thing I'm off all week

·
Behind Blue Eyes..
6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Swag said:
(x+1)(2x-7) I think that's it....although it is 1 in the morning... Good thing I'm off all week
see if you cant do the FOIL method and come up with the original equation cuz im not

·
Turn Your Swag On!
1,707 Posts
yea, it works with the FOIL. (x+1)(2x-7) is 2x^2 - 7x + 2x - 7 which comes out to be 2x^2-5x-7

·
Behind Blue Eyes..
6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks swag..keep your eyes peeled on this thread i might have another one

·
Turn Your Swag On!
1,707 Posts
Just IM me on AIM (JokerSwag) or something....probably be on til late tonight. No school, and just got back from Sambuca in Addison, kind of wide awake right now

·
Behind Blue Eyes..
6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you got Yahoo or Msn cuz i dont have AIM

·
Turn Your Swag On!
1,707 Posts
Nope don't have either of those. I'll just check this every so often...got any more?

·
Behind Blue Eyes..
6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not yet..but from lookin ahead i might have a few

·
Behind Blue Eyes..
6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
swag whatcha think bout these 2

27x^2 y^3-45xy^2+9y^2

14x+7

·
Turn Your Swag On!
1,707 Posts
I think I'm going to bed, post up what you need and I can help you out tomorrow. Hope you don't have class tomorrow that you need it for.

·
Behind Blue Eyes..
6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea they are for class tomorrow lol

·
Turn Your Swag On!
1,707 Posts
I'll try to help you out since you're in a bind. Just list out everything that you thing you might need...

·
Behind Blue Eyes..
6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
swag you da man but 1 last ? if you dont mind because i have no damn clue on how to do these

2x^2+6x+xy+3y

9x-3-2y+6xy

reason why they confuse me is the extra XY in the first one and the -3 variable in the second one.. think ya could shed some light on em

·
Turn Your Swag On!
1,707 Posts
well the 2x^2... I can't find anything to pull out that's common with anything in the equation, so I'd say go ahead and leave it because it's simplified as it is. The second (9x-3-2y+6xy), The answer shoudl look like this: 9x - 2y + 3(2xy - 1). The -3 in the second one you can just pull it out of the 6xy and put in a -1 which takes care of that mess. Whenever you worry about integers, just pull them out of any number in the equation and work with it like that. It should work most of the time. That first one though, there isn't a common variable or integer so it is simplified in that form. Hope this is of help to you. Any other questions, just email me sometime. I'll try my best to explain things if you need it.

·
Behind Blue Eyes..
6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks how long you plan on being up? hopefully another one dont arise because i know this is taking away from your time

·
Turn Your Swag On!
1,707 Posts
I don't know....I'm planning on going to sleep shortly, been a long day/night. But, just look down the page, and list any you need...my brain isn't going to be concious for more than five minutes I say

·
Behind Blue Eyes..
6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
aight here goes i really appreciate this alot swag it helped me alot

12x^2y-12xy-45y

6x^2+5xy-6y^2

x^2+12x+6

4x^2-24x+9

9x^2-49y^2

ive got all of the other problems worked and those are the only ones left because i was stumped...again thanks swag if ya ever need anything gimmie a shout

1 - 20 of 27 Posts