DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Got Lateral G's??
9,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mods, if you feel this is in the wrong forum....move it but I figured I would get more responses here instead of the jobs forum......

Anyway, I have come to the conclusion that I am done with my current industry. My personality and the way I do business are just NOT what my industry expects. Suffice to say they have low expectations and are a bunch of ******** where I am more of a hardcore ops manager who can be held accountable...... Over the last 10 years I have worked for 6 companies here in the Dallas market and the way business is done here just seems stupid to me. Could I change? I suppose but when you are raised in a blue collar atmosphere and end up working in an industry of a bunch of silver spoon, responsibility dodging dog and pony show artists......it's makes it impossible to change your beliefs.....

Anyway, looking to leave commercial construction management and get into the general business or operations management game. I have started making a list of what I see are my core experiences and what my competancies are and need to take the next step of developing a new ideal job description.

does anyone have any career coach/change consultants that are any good I can contact? I have reached that point in my life where I love challenges and responsibility/accountability but can go no further in my industry because I don't feel that taking clients to get blow jobs at a strip club is an ethical way of doing business.....?

thanks for the help.

Matt

·
How you doin'
28,254 Posts
aggie97 said:
...but can go no further in my industry because I don't feel that taking clients to get blow jobs at a strip club is an ethical way of doing business.....?

thanks for the help.

Matt

damn it! that's not ethical?:p that's the dallas construction business, man!

·
Got Lateral G's??
9,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
STANGGT40 said:
damn it! that's not ethical?:p that's the dallas construction business, man!
Hence the reason I am making a change. Choices are: Lower my standards and ethics or become the professional I want to be....? Kind of a no brainer for me.

Grant, Yes. I am looking to move over into an operations position or buyer/contracts manager and have even considered Actuarial work but I need to do some refreshers in statistics and calculus. Hell, I just looked at a job over at Perot Systems here in Plano and the job description read just like my current experience except instead of buildings....it was software!! Wonder if they would entertain talking to a "knuckle dragger" like me?!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts