DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, you guys remember the install i was working on for my Explorer?? I just took it all out upon completeion and redisigned it for 4 Jl 12's instead of 2 like i had. here are pics of the form and toe progress of it. ill update pics of it every day or so as i progress through it. My goal for completion is 5 days form now, so i have to work fast.

BTW: thanks EW(eric) for the JL Audio subs. You Da Mon!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pic from the under side. all the braces will be removed before i fiberglass the inside.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
little fiberglass, bondo, filler putty, and primer and its ready for the paint shop............

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
last test fit before paint........looks a lot cooler WITH the subs in it huh.......

G

·
Great work man.

So if I got this right. Once you have the form created you cover it with the fleece. Then soak with resin and let harden. Then you layer the inside with glass instead of the outside. THis helps to reduce the amount of sanding and filling needed for the final surface?

Ive never done glassing but want to give it a try. Everything Ive seen so far says to lay the glass ontop of the soaked fleece.

·
I am a Motherfucker
5,509 Posts
Is it going to be ported?
How does the fiberglass handle over 1000 watts?
I dont know why I like to stick to wood.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FunFordCobra said:
Is it going to be ported?
How does the fiberglass handle over 1000 watts?
I dont know why I like to stick to wood.
sealed
ive seen galss enclosures with multi thousand watts, no prob.
1/4 inch fiberglass is equivilant to the strength of 3/4 mdf
i used to use wood but glass looks so cool and screams custom!

its personal prefrance, woods cheep tough so if your on a budget than you may want to staick with wood.

·
Registered
380 Posts
That's cool. I've been wanting to make some fiberglass kick panels for my 87 LX for 8 inch speakers but I didn't know how to do it. How much would you charge to make them?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts