DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· 11-05-09
21,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Singed.. Was that the reason of the recall? When the car was catching on fire?

The Technician at Ford told me there was no recall on the Focus!

Ok, I know of 2, the Fire hazard, and the axles falling off.

Can somebody post me a link to this info. since I'm at work and can't search here due to the Net Nazis.

He said if there was, that I should have the info to prove it before he does any work. Also, they are going to my home to pick up the car to fix what ever went bad.

But the bastard does not want to handle the recall fix!

· Custom Title
16,584 Posts
Black5OHFox said:
That bastard!! "No, there are no Ford Focus recalls" It's a prefectly good car":mad: :mad:

Ok. Now I'm mad. I have the paperwork, and he still doesn't want to honor the recall fix. The freakin Battery cables are Melting!!!!:mad: :mad:
I take it yours is a 2001 model? I thought I saw the recall post for that year on the link someone posted above. I'd call a different Ford shop, a recall can be handled at any one of them.

<-- Just read year of car in sig LOL!

· Scared s**tless
13,733 Posts
Black5OHFox said:
Singed.. Was that the reason of the recall? When the car was catching on fire?

The Technician at Ford told me there was no recall on the Focus!

thats horseshit. i have done that recall a half-dozen times.

PM me...

· 11-05-09
21,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Technician told me that The Melted wire is "Normal" on the Focus, and that I shouldn't worry about it at all. But I hear otherwise, and judging to those links, that is a saftey recall.

· Scared s**tless
13,733 Posts
recall #s 02S41 and 02S42

SAFETY CONCERNS

In some of the affected vehicles equipped with the Zetec engine, the battery cables may be misrouted, improperly secured, or inadequately insulated. If any of these conditions were to exist, overheating or corrosion could occur in the cable. These conditions may cause illumination of the check engine light or battery light, hard start or no start, or dead battery. In extreme cases a short circuit may occur, causing the cable to overheat, and possibly lead to fire.

In addition, on all of the affected vehicles, the pinch bolt that retains the steering knuckle to the lower ball joint may not have the proper torque. If this condition exists, the customer may experience vibration, noise, or joint separation.

this is direct from QCdealer, ford's employee only website.

· 11-05-09
21,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DonSVO said:
recall #s 02S41 and 02S42

SAFETY CONCERNS

In addition, on all of the affected vehicles, the pinch bolt that retains the steering knuckle to the lower ball joint may not have the proper torque. If this condition exists, the customer may experience vibration, noise, or joint separation.

this is direct from QCdealer, ford's employee only website.

[Hank Hill] What in the Hell?[/Hank Hill]

I have bad vibration at highway speeds!!! I though it was the NEW tires I bought from NTB!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.