DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On my nightly trek home a little after 7 I had gotten on Central at Forrest as usual, and made it over to the fast lane just as they were shutting off the exits under 635 for . The traffic backed up pretty quick so I slowed to match, but I guess my mind was elsewhere because on the second or third "stop and go" I was coming up on this cars ass end a bit faster than expect. I slammed on the breaks immediatly, but the wheels locked up and I slid right into the car.:( More concerned with her's than mine I reached into the glove box to get my insurance, and by the time I exited my car she had looked at her bumper and was practically smiling. Thank god for 5mph bumpers! Not a stratch on either car so I apologized a few more times, we shook hands, and got back into our cars. This morning I found a patch of her car wax on my front end, but that's it. No more sleeping on the way home for me, that's for sure.

·
Premium Member
32,085 Posts
Wait 'til she files on your insurance for her bodily injury! :p

At least there was no property damage and no one was hurt! (yet).

:p

·
How you doin'
28,254 Posts
5 mpg bumpers

i'm glad everyone's ok, but you should change your bumper if it is only getting 5 miles per gallon.;) :D

·
Tha Closer
1,494 Posts
:eek: Damn dude you got lucky. Normally you would have hit someone that needed some cash and their neck would be hurting them. :rolleyes:

·
7,214 Posts
Welcome to Fubared bumper club.Even though your damage was little to none we're still very happy you joined us. Chrome zip-ties will be in the mail shortly....Remember they are purely for decoration.

Welcome:)

·
Banned
30,955 Posts
SLP007 said:
Welcome to Fubared bumper club.Even though your damage was little to none we're still very happy you joined us. Chrome zip-ties will be in the mail shortly....Remember they are purely for decoration.

Welcome:)

He hasnt done it five or six times; he shouldnt need the zipties yet.

·
Premium Member
36,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GE said:
Wait 'til she files on your insurance for her bodily injury! :p

At least there was no property damage and no one was hurt! (yet).

:p
That's the thing, she didn't even want my info, she was totally cool about it. I wonder if it was a company car or something.

·
The Alpha Omega Frog
8,333 Posts
Aaron, What kind of car was she in that withstood the tap?

·
Premium Member
36,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Frogger said:
Aaron, What kind of car was she in that withstood the tap?
It was a newer 4-door Dodge or Chrysler, I don't remember the model though. There has to atleast be marks from my license plate frame, cuz her bumper is solid plastic across with a recessed plate.
She didn't seem to look that hard or even care that much, maybe it was her mother-in-law's car.

·
Along for the ride
7,029 Posts
with the ABS you really shouldn't have slid into her. my ABS has saved my ass more than a few times. glad to hear it didn't cause any damage.

marcus

·
'03 Racer
1,102 Posts
I dont think I would go around bragging that women dont want your number! :p In fact, this is even worse. She went so far as to forgo money not to take your information! :eek: :D

Got Boost? said:
That's the thing, she didn't even want my info, she was totally cool about it. I wonder if it was a company car or something.

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
I did the same thing to a lady in LA. I was driving from Dallas to San Francisco and we were in stop and go traffic and BAM I rearended the car in front of me. The lady was cool about it, too. I'd hate to have to take care of something like that from here. I had been on the road for 24 hours straight at that point, and I shouldn't have been driving.

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
25,373 Posts
Thanks Evil Jose.

Thats all I got to say :D

·
Premium Member
36,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
KJ94GT said:
This is the only way Aaron will ever "rearend" a chic ;)
She was mid 30's, black, and quite heavy. Sweet woman, but no thanks.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts