DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got home tonight and went outside to give my dog a dogbone like I always do. Only one of my dogs was out there :confused: Pops told me they had to take her to the vet, found out she had cancer :( wasn't going to live past a month(in pain at that), so they put her to sleep. It really sucks, as some of you fellow pet owners know. If shit goes wrong all day long, at least your dogs are still happy to see you when you get home. :(

·
Registered
429 Posts
GREENMAN said:
Got home tonight and went outside to give my dog a dogbone like I always do. Only one of my dogs was out there :confused: Pops told me they had to take her to the vet, found out she had cancer :( wasn't going to live past a month(in pain at that), so they put her to sleep. It really sucks, as some of you fellow pet owners know. If shit goes wrong all day long, at least your dogs are still happy to see you when you get home. :(

sucks man...sorry to hear that.

·
Premium Member
12,196 Posts
sorry about that. I kinda know how you feel, my wife is making me get rid of our dog. not to happy about it :(

·
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE
4,427 Posts
pops did the right thing

I had to do the same thing about 2 years ago, it was really a peaceful way to die for my pet. He was also in pain most of the time. It takes a while to get over, I feel for ya. They get like family.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was MY little mutt. She was ugly but one of the nicest little dogs that I have had.

·
aggie97's protege'
2,545 Posts
been there .,., but I was walking mine and she had a heart atack .,., we didnt make it past the front gate .,., I just picked her up .,., and carried her back to the pourch .,.,

·
1bdmfr
814 Posts
i know how you feel... we just recently had to put our dog to sleep (she was 14 years old) once they get that old its like letting go to a family member :(

·
Registered
596 Posts
Sorry man...that sucks...

·
Registered
495 Posts
oh man that SUCKS, i feel bad for you ...
i had a part wolf dog that taught my basset hound mut to get out of the fence, then one day when he was down the street near a major road, he got hit by a car and one of my neabors (can't spell :() brought him up to my house in a blanket, he was bleeding from his mouth and then i stayed with him till he stoped breathing, which was not long at all, i told him bye and told him that i would miss him, i was very sad, then i burred him :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I had a bad ass boxer one day he got out the yard and some tried to steal him,well he ran away to avoid them and when he did he crossed the street and got nailed right in front of my house i saw him and i was with him till he took his last breath, he just looked at me like if he knew he wasnt suppose to be out the yard.....i fell yea i loved that dog like family

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yea we had to put down our little dog of 14 years. he just one day stopped eating his food. So we took him to the vet, Well i was working all day so when i got home that afternoon. My mom and dad took him to be put to sleep.So when i got home they were driving up with him in his little box..cause i told them i wanted to bury him in the back yard...and i did..God damm i miss that dog....It sucks :(

·
Premium Member
32,085 Posts
My condolences.

On a side note, if your old man took him to the vet and they knew the dog had a month to live, why didn't he let you say goodbye to him at least?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GE said:
My condolences.

On a side note, if your old man took him to the vet and they knew the dog had a month to live, why didn't he let you say goodbye to him at least?
I was the one that told him that she was sick. :( I was hoping that he would take her to the vet. Things were terrible when he took her. I trust him to make the right decision.

·
UFO Club Member
1,527 Posts
Yeah I had to put my dog down when he was still a lil' puppy!!!

I watched the doctor give him a shot, it was hard man, I'll admit I cried I mean he was just a puppy and had gotten sick, just not fair sometimes. Haven't had another dog since.

Sorry man...it will get better.

·
Registered
645 Posts
know what you mean...about 5 years ago...my mom put our dog down...she was 16 years old...got her when I was like 5...and she did it without my knowledge...but it was the right thing to do after I got over it

1 - 20 of 43 Posts